some of my wood burnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Turn n Burn

Turn n Burn

here is a couple of burnings i did last year havn't done much burning since i bought my lathe, need to try burning a pen still

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice work. My boss-SWMBO- says burners are too expensive:( I really like the first one, being a fan of Bald Eagles.

nava1uni

Very nice work. My boss-SWMBO- says burners are too expensive:( I really like the first one, being a fan of Bald Eagles.

The cub is a wood burner that is not too expensive and you can do a lot with it. The Razor tip is also not too, too expensive and it has a wide selection of tips, you can even make your own tips.

Turn n Burn

thanks everyone the eagle is the lagest piece about 24"x46" i have some others but my old computer died with all my pics on it. I have 250 -300 hrs in the eagle the trout was 15 or so but i take my time. learned so much doing the eagle because of all the different textures. IPD Mr thanks for the complement about the depth that is what i love about burning I can burn wood better than i can draw with a pen or pencil. now i just need to make a wood burning pen from wood burned wood .

Turn n Burn

plackWoodlvrVery nice work. My boss-SWMBO- says burners are too expensive:( I really like the first one, being a fan of Bald Eagles.

these were done with a cheap walnut hallow pen about 25 bucks on 3$ bass wood started off with the cheap pen to see if i would like it later on bought a razor tip was lucky and won a optima dual burner on a wood burning fourm I think i like theoptima a little more and it is cheaper but razor tip has a better warrenty

Last edited:

Turn n Burn

I used a couple of units and pens I bought a razer tip and was lucky enough to win a optima dual and a couple of pens from a woodburning fourm. mostly i used the optima and a couple of pens. Most of it was done with a bent spear shader, the chipmunk was done mosly with a small skew. I even used the cheap wallnut hollow for the dark corner.

David Keller

Neat stuff! I've got a razortip, but I've only had it a short time... I've got a lot to learn before I can do stuff like that.

Turn n Burn

David Sue Walters has a dvd on how to burn a red tailed hawk I found it was amazingly helpfull for all my burnings, i started using patterns and then started making my own from photos and other pics

Jim Burr

Banned
I've have the Optima 2 pen and several tips...the shading blade may get me off my butt and doing something!

Top Bottom