Some Modified Slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I am not a fan of slimlines, but do offer opportunities to mess around and I sell quite a few of them, especially when they're been modified. The one on the left is Redheart with a Cherry centerband, Gold Ti fittings. The middle one is Curly Satinwood from BB with a Cocobolo centerband, Gold Ti fittings. The final one is Lacewood with chrome fittings, no clip. I made one other clipless slimline this summer and it was the first pen I sold at the next show, lady snapped it right up. Women in particular don't like clips on pen. All have a CA finish.
2006101125550_3Slimlines.jpg

As always, comments are welcom and thanks to those who take the time to comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Those look great. I especially like the middle one, the contrast on the center band is great. I can see why the clipless would appeal to women who carry the pens in a purse.

Ok newbie question. Do you just turn the bottom half smaller at the top or does the lower half actually fit into the top half?

gerryr

Thanks everyone. The lower barrel doesn't fit "into" the upper barrel like it would with a metal CB, just a plain flush fit, so no modified pen mill. I plan to work on a way to make it not a flush fit this winter, something that can be easily adapted to other size pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom