Snap Caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Is there either a supplier of parts to make snap on caps or a guide to making ones own parts?

When I think of commercial fountain pens that I like, my Lamy 2000 or my Aurora come to mind, both of which have snap caps. There are a few kits with snap caps, but most have threaded caps.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Here's one I played with which used the nib section from an old Shaeffer. I'm not too happy with the overall design, particularly the step, but if I were do do another, I would use a similar approach. Note the little square pin-like protrusions at the bottom of the nib holder. I found a brass tube that was a little snug fit over these and though it is a little looser than I would like, seems to work.

If I was starting from scratch, I would use little round headed pins and try to find a tube that was snug or better yet, cut a groove in the cap to snap in. I'm sure there are other methods - best source is old pens.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Targa 2.jpg
    Targa 2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 447

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I think what I'll need to do is buy an assortment of snap rings and just fool around with them to see what I can accomplish.

Top Bottom