Snakewood Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spindlecraft

spindlecraft

I finished this guy up over the weekend, and am pretty happy with how it came out.

I've gotten a few remarks regarding how "fat" I made the body. This is mostly just a personal preference of mine. I personally like a weightier pen, and it feels better in my hand.

This was my first attempt at using Snakewood, and I have to say, I absolutely loved working with it. I've been told that Snakewood is notoriously difficult to work with - but I didn't seem to have any issues.

Either way, hope ya'll like it!

10683819_1703016629923010_606202085_n.jpg

10691770_1457889451141782_1098586536_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Great fit & finish. And as far as the body being fat. If you like it then that's what counts.

The issue with snakewood isn't working with it, it's the fact that is cracks easily. Even after the pen is finished. Some people ream the tubes so the fittings don't expand the brass, and have to be glued in. And even after a week or two, the material can crack from the stress. Hopefully yours will be fine.

twinsen

Nice wood and finish. Just tell people the snake wood ate a wood mouse before it was harvested. :)
I'd like to acquire some snake wood. I like the chamfer/reaming idea. I had some wenge crack slightly on me.

Twinturbine

i have used snake but it cracks if you do not stabilize it after drilling holes.In the blogs from international products where it comes from they warn that all snake splits. your pen looks great .

Top Bottom