Skiprat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

For those of you that may wonder, here is the link to Skips website.
He has around 30 pages of pens hes made over the years, they are worth a look.
While your there check out his tips and tricks page as well.
Excellent Mike. I was going to do that in a separate thread sort of a commemoration to this talented person. His work will live on. I had made a little challenge years ago to challange him to a one on one kitless pen contest. Life got in the way for both of us and now it is one of those regrettable things.

Karen I know you will be reading all these replys and you will see he was well liked here. He seen many members come and go through here and he probably touched each and everyone in some small way. Here was a post I put up a few days ago so that he could see probably for the last time how many fans he had here. It was good to see he acknowledged it and we knew he saw. Again heartfelt prayers to you and the family.

https://www.penturners.org/threads/hello-steven-skiprat-from-the-gang.173688/

TDahl

Karen, I am saddened to learn of Steven's passing. I am so sorry for your loss. He was one of the first member's whose posts I routinely searched and studied. His knowledge and craftsmanship was second to none. More importantly he was generous to others by sharing his knowledge and experiences. I will be praying for you and the rest of your and Skip's family and friends that you all find peace and love through his passing.

magpens

My sincerest condolences to you, Karen, and to the rest of your close and extended families.
I am truly saddened very deeply to hear that Steven is no longer with us.

Steven was a good friend indeed and his wit cheered me and the rest of us on many occasions.
His talents and contributions to our common interests were truly amazing and will forever be greatly appreciated.

Steven will be sorely missed by all and he will be long remembered.

PenPal

Karen my heart is heavy with your news ,we Wilma and I remember always meeting here in Canberra, Wilma says hello and to tell you she thoroughly enjyed your visit to the Australian War Memorial,Steven and me we had a long and wonderful friendship. Treasuring our memories for a great bloke ,love from us Karen.

darrin1200

My sincerest condolences Karen. Your husband had a serious influence on the direction my career as a pen maker has gone. Steven will be sorely missed.

walshjp17

Karen,

My sincerest sympathies for the loss of your very talented husband, Steven. Condolences to his family and his many fans.

Curly

I'm saddened to hear Steven didn't make it. My condolences. Skiprat was a very talented and influential pen maker. I appreciated his humour a lot. Take care.

Pete275

My Condolences to you and your family Karen. I have been and will be missing his posts on this site. His wit, wisdom, kindness and his artistry was extremely inspiring. Rest in Peace Steven.

Wayne

wizard

I am really saddened to hear that. My condolences go out to you and his family and friends. He was an inspiration to me and I can imagine to others on this site. He will be missed. Kindest regards, Shreenath

Dale Lynch

I'm sorry for your loss. I never got to know Skip personally, he seemed to be a pretty genuine fella. His work on the two towers pen inspired me to put a twist Into my own pens. That's something that will stay with me.

howsitwork

Karen

I have only just heard , tonight , the sad news.

I had some wonderful exchanges with Steven over my time on this site. H8 humour, skill and modest demeanour were an inspiration . His helpfulness to all and skill,was deeply inspiring.

My deepest sympathies and best wishes to you and your family.

Ian

Karen, Please accept my sincere condolences on Stevens passing, he was a great friend and mentor to myself and everyone here on this forum. Sorry for the late reply, I regrettably only log on every once in a while and was floored and saddened by the news. Rip Skiprat

jttheclockman

Karen, Please accept my sincere condolences on Stevens passing, he was a great friend and mentor to myself and everyone here on this forum. Sorry for the late reply, I regrettably only log on every once in a while and was floored and saddened by the news. Rip Skiprat
Jim great to see you here again. Unfortunately this is a tough thread. I often think of your great pen designs and when Steven passed my mind went to you because I remember all the great conversations and sharing of great pen designs you both put forward here time and again. There were some great pen designers here over the years especially back when this forum started. Hope you check in more often and hope you still are doing some pen turning. Love to see some of your latest work.

Top Bottom