Skiprat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hello all - this is Steven Jackson's (aka Skiprat's) wife. I wanted to let all his many friends on the website know that he passed away this morning. He has been a fan of the site since he began his pen making journey many years ago, and he was never happier than when he was creating a new concept pen and posting it for everyone to see. Thank you all for being such a big part of his life.
Karen

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Karen, Steven inspired us all with his creativity and unique talent to think way outside the box. I know he will be truly missed. My condolences on his passing. I think I will go have a pint and raise a glass in his honor.

JohnU

Karen I'm Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayer go out to you, and all of his family and friends. Steven was a huge inspiration. I was always amazed at how he could make such a perfect masterpiece out of something so commonly overlooked like a nut and bolt. His talent and vision was one of the reason I always came back to this site. I always opened his posts like a kid on Christmas, never knowing what you might see but always amazed. He will be missed.

jttheclockman

Hello all - this is Steven Jackson's (aka Skiprat's) wife. I wanted to let all his many friends on the website know that he passed away this morning. He has been a fan of the site since he began his pen making journey many years ago, and he was never happier than when he was creating a new concept pen and posting it for everyone to see. Thank you all for being such a big part of his life.
Karen
Oh this is sad news. He always was willing to share his knowledge and thoughts here. He was one of the long time members here. The forum lost one of the good guys here and one of the true artisans that I always admired and we shared a comradery that went behind the normal chitchat. He was one of my best friends here. I will totally miss him. My condolences go out to you and his family and friends. May he rest in peace and hope we meet again in another life.

moke

Very sad....my deepest condolences Karen....I enjoyed Steven, both his posts and when I reached out for some machining advice. He was a good man.

mrburls

Karen so sorry to hear this awful news. Just took the wind out of my sail when I read this and can only image how your family feels.
My deepest condolences to you and family members. Truly will miss Steven's work.
Keith

1080Wayne

Very sorry to hear this , Karen . His posts were always a must read after he joined the forum , and described the origin of his user name . My deepest condolences to you and your family . Thank you for letting us know .

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
OH no. Lifting you in prayer Karen. Steven was one of the very best at creating one of a kind pens and then encouraging others. He will be missed here, but of course more so back home. Praying for you.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this sad news. Steven was a great supporter of our community for many years, as well as one of our most creative artists and a wonderful craftsman. There was not a nut and bolt or chunk of metal that he could not turn into a beautiful work of art.

Karen, I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family.

rixstix

I'm sorry to hear of Steven's passing. His work & attention to detail always amazed me. You & family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
RIP, Steven. You will be greatly missed.

My sincere condolences to Karen and all his family. You are in our prayers.

GaryMGg

Karen
My most sincere condolences.
Steven will be sorely missed.

I can only hope the many great memories you hold from your life together eases your loss and lifts your heart.

Skiprat will always be known here!

jrista

Very sad. I thought he was just posting a few days ago... So sorry to hear, Karen. I did not know him, I am relatively new to the forums, but prayers are with you.

lyonsacc

Sorry to hear of your and your family's loss!! He will be remembered by our family every year at Christmas - we exchanged pens and xmas ornaments a number of years ago. The ornament always makes it on our tree as it is the only Welsh ornament we have. And the pen is in a special place on my desk. He was a very special person.

Jontello

So sorry to hear about your loss. He will be greatly missed. Such a huge part of this community. Your family is in my prayers.

sorcerertd

Steven will be missed around here. He was definitely an inspiration. I suspect he'll be missed everywhere he was known. Condolences and prayers for you and your family, Karen.

Top Bottom