Simple Streamline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wmillman

wmillman

Couple of weeks ago my brother in law gave me a few small pieces of wood from an apple tree, couple of the pieces were mostly sap wood which was quite white, the other pieces were darker and one had a crack the full length of the piece. So I put some thin CA in the crack as I figured it would turn past for a Streamline which it did wonderfully and here is the results, love the color and the grain, think it goes well with the Gun Metal plating.

Attachments

• IMG_7957-E.jpg
    IMG_7957-E.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7958-E.jpg
    IMG_7958-E.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7959-E.jpg
    IMG_7959-E.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I agree that while Apple is not a 'fancy dancer timber,' it is still quite attractive. Well done! đź‘Ź đź‘Ź

jrista

I've always liked apple wood. I've never been able to get any myself, I guess it checks almost the moment its cut, and its hard to get anything of reasonable size. The apple wood bowls and vases and the like that I have seen, however, are always really nice, and it has beautiful grain.

wmillman

I've always liked apple wood. I've never been able to get any myself, I guess it checks almost the moment its cut, and its hard to get anything of reasonable size. The apple wood bowls and vases and the like that I have seen, however, are always really nice, and it has beautiful grain.
Yeah not much of it around here either, my home where I grew up we had about a dozen apple trees of different varieties in our front yard, not many of those around today most places are lucky to have trees. Anyway what he had was well aged sitting in his work shop for years, I have made him a pen as well and still have enough here to make 4 or 5 more pens.

Kcimdrib

I also like Apple wood and I also like the simple lines of this Pen this and the wood make for a good result.

Top Bottom