silicone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Ok so I'm looking at getting some silicone to make my own molds. In looking through several posts about silicone and looking at several websites i think i'm even more cornfused than before i started LOL. At this point I'm looking at either moldmax30, oomoo30, or Moldstar30. What I'm curious about is if anyone has experience with at least 2 of these or all 3 and if there was any noticeable difference or if one lasted longer than the other. cost wise the oomoo30 is the better price but if it does not last or stand up as well to resins then it may not be the better deal. Anybody have any suggestions or info?

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
For what we do, you wouldn't need the Moldstar .that's a platinum cure
silicone and more expensive. The Moldmax 30 will last longer than the
oomoo as it uses a different catalyst meant for a longer library life.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I made 3 moulds that work very well from tubes that fit my caulk gun from WalMart; plain old stinky silicon caulk, clear. It is a little over $2 a tube and a tube will make 1 1/2 moulds. Built the "mould box to cast the moulds in" from scrap plywood. If interested in more details PM me and I will send pics too.
WB

workinforwood

I like the Moldmax. The 30 is good. I find the moldmax 27T clear lasts a little bit longer. it is more difficult to keep crud from getting into your silicone while mixing it up when it's clear, but if you get a few pieces of dust or something in the silicone while mixing it, it affects nothing but the appearance, and appearance means nothing, function matters.

Top Bottom