Shotgun shell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Originally posted by Easysport
<br />Has anyone tried to make a pen using a shotgun shell? Have some interest by a skeet club. Possible or not?

I could easily see a smaller guage (20 gauge maybe). Not a 12 gauge as used for most skeet and trap. Actually, anything can be done with a little work and planning, but the result would not be within my idea of a comfortable pen for a 12 gauge.

Cheers,

Fangar

Rifleman1776

Here's some possibilities. [:p][;)] With all the gun/ammo stuff I have, I don't have any .410 shells. But these might work. A couple are shown just for size comparison. Left to right:
.22lr; 30-06; 14mm; 12 ga.; 20 ga. speciality; a Winchester prototype whooper; and a police special round.
The 14mm shotgun shell is about .55" dia., a bit larger than a .410.

2006218223213_ammo.jpg
<br />

Skye

I thought about 410 shells before. One tough part would be closing the ends. Do they make a high brass 410?

Randy_

You might be able to use a 28 gauge shell?? I think it would be about the size of the Emperor...for those that like big pens. And if you know the VP you could probably get some free hulls!!

And a piece of trivia for whatever it is worth.... The .410, while not identical, is similar in size to the 67 gauge. Doubt they are interchangeable; but can't say for sure??? Maybe Frank will know??

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />You might be able to use a 28 gauge shell?? I think it would be about the size of the Emperor...for those that like big pens. And if you know the VP you could probably get some free hulls!!

And a piece of trivia for whatever it is worth.... The .410, while not identical, is similar in size to the 67 gauge. Doubt they are interchangeable; but can't say for sure??? Maybe Frank will know??

Randy, I don't know offhand, but I have a friend in England that is sure to know. I'll e-mail him and ask. BTW, some antique all-brass .410 shells might work. And/or big game rifle shells, like .416 Rigby, etc.

Rifleman1776

Got it, the 67 ga. and 410 are very close but not interchangable. Oh, well, being frozen in for two days it was something fun to talk about. But, I'm going to look for some used .410 shells and attempt something unique with them.

terrymiller

Have you thought about how to fill the hollow portion of the shell. It might work to fill the shell with PR, then drill the shell and PR at the same time.

terrymiller

Heres an idea that I thought of right I hit the post button. You could use the shotgun shell for the top portion of the pen and a rifle shell for the bottom,you could put them together brass to brass and turn a wood center band to transition from the bigger shell to the smaller shell, not sure how it would look but it would definately be original. These could be turned on a modified slimline kit possibly.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by terrymiller
<br />Heres an idea that I thought of right I hit the post button. You could use the shotgun shell for the top portion of the pen and a rifle shell for the bottom,you could put them together brass to brass and turn a wood center band to transition from the bigger shell to the smaller shell, not sure how it would look but it would definately be original. These could be turned on a modified slimline kit possibly.

The mix doesn't strike me as right. Like bringing beer to church. [:0]Some things you just don't do. [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom