Shopshots testing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

SAMPLE UPLOAD! COMMENTS or QUESTIONS welcome!

Thanks
Jon

Match The Shop!

Below are photos showing several members' shops and the names of the shop owners. Your job, match the shop to its owner. This contest will run for one week, starting today.
Each correct match is worth TWO points.
All entries received by 9:00 AM on the 13th (system clock) will receive a TEN POINT BONUS. Maximum score 40 points.
At approximately 9:00AM on the 13th, clues will be posted for some of the photos. Players submitting answers until 9:00AM on the 15th will receive a FIVE POINT BONUS. Maximum score 35 Points.
At approximately 9:00AM on the 15th, clues will be posted for additional photos. There are NO BONUS POINTS for entries submitted after 9:00 AM on the 15th (Maximum score 30 points).
Deadline for entries is January 17th, 11:59PM (IAP CLOCK).

As with all contests, entrants are subject to the Universal rules! http://www.penturners.org/forum/f170/universal-bash-activities-rules-please-read-92887/

Attached are three groups of five shops and names. The names posted with each group of pictures belong to those five shops. Prizes to be awarded to the top point scorers, tiebreaker is time of submission recorded on the email.

1st: IAP logo Clock--USA postage courtesy of CNCcutter
2nd: Box of blanks courtesy of Bobskio2003
3rd: Small box of west KY wood courtesy of ctubbs

Additional Prizes (Small Flat Rate Box of blanks from my shop) to the shop owners who have submitted their pictures:
Famous Shop - The shop that the most people correctly identify
Stealth Shop - The shop that the fewest people correctly identify

HOW TO PLAY:
Send your answers to SHOPSHOTS@YAHOO.COM with your IAP NAME and SHOP ENTRY in the subject line (mine would read GOODTURNS SHOP ENTRY, but I don't get to play).
List the Shop Numbers and the member names in your message (see example below)

1_email.jpg

Decision of the judges is final. Judges are not responsible for lost or misdirected email.
Have Fun and Good Luck to ALL!
Correct answers and winners will be announced on the 19th!

Attachments

• Group 1.jpg
    Group 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Group 2.jpg
    Group 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Group 3.jpg
    Group 3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 97
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Nice work Jon. I'll watch for it on the 10th in the public BB forum and make it sticky.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I too, only recognized one, and almost missed it. Would it be possible to have a the individual picture linked to a larger one?

GoodTurns

I will also attach the pdf files these are made from (pics don't show for pdf in the message, so converted to jpg, which squeezed the pictures) pdfs (below) are 8 1/2 x 11, so pics are approx 4x3...easier to see?

I don't expect anyone to recognize many of the shops, but each of the groups has two with an embedded clue that is easy to find via search or member profile info. several others have SOMETHING in them that will give it away. the added clues (13th and 15th) will make a couple more "easy". As it sits currently, with a few minutes work, you would only have to GUESS at less than half of the shops, thus the bonus system! The "raw" pics will also be stashed somewhere on the site....we want people to explore!

I appreciate the comments...will keep fine-tuning.

Jon

Attachments

• master-initial.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Top Bottom