Shop Vacuum Recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_pratt

I currently have a large Craftsman shop vac that works fine. I’m looking to purchase a smaller shop vac (5 â€" 6 gal) for those little around the house jobs where I don’t want to haul in the large one. This vac will not be used for any sort of dust control around the lathe; its simply for around the house project.

Any and all recommendations would be much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

I have an old ShopVac that sounds a little but louder than a 747 and I am planning on getting a Fein soon! I also work late at night when the family is asleep so noise level is a concern (yeilding a pretty messy shop when you are afraid to turn on your vac).

Dario

If it is for the house...why buy a noisy shop vac???

There are lots of better suited vacuum cleaners made for that purpose. JMHO

I have a vacuum that is 6 years old now...replaced nothing but the filters and the belt...still going strong. My only complain is that they (Panasonic) stopped making vacuums.

pmpartain

I bought the Fein Turbo III. It's a bit spendy, but is pretty darn quiet. Quieter than the house vac anyway. I like the filter in it and it has good suction. I use it for dc at the lathe and while it doesn't get everything, I can tell a big difference when it is not on.

Hexhead

I bought a small vac and had a lot of trouble with the small hose cloging up all the time. It would suck a wood chip or paper towel and there I was taking the stupid thing apart to clear the clog. I spent more time doing that than vacuuming. I went back to the bigger vac and just use the small one for vacing dust on the bandsaw. It seems to me that's all there good for is just dust. Just my view.

chigdon

Originally posted by chigdon
<br />I have an old ShopVac that sounds a little but louder than a 747 and I am planning on getting a Fein soon! I also work late at night when the family is asleep so noise level is a concern (yeilding a pretty messy shop when you are afraid to turn on your vac).

I went and got a Fein the day after writing this and it is amazing.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I've been happy with my ShopVac, but don't use it for DC. I ruined my first one doing this.

Could you elaborate on what happened? The closest thing I have in my shop to a dust collection system (other than a broom) is a 12 gal. Shop Vac connected to the band saw. I also use it for clean up. What caused your 'ruination'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom