bandsaw choice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Until they quit making the riser blocks for the HF model, I would have said that one. Several of us have them and I have no complaints with mine. I'd probably go with the Grizzly now, because you can still get riser kits for theirs.

I have the Delta// it was on sale at Lowe's and cheaper than the HF, but I'm not sure but what they aren't the same saw.. different paint job. My Delta is made in Taiwan/China don't remember which and looks almost identical to HF. Wanted either a Grizzly or Rikon from Woodcraft.... just wasn't in the budget.

If you plan to do resawing.. the Delta does NOT come with a resaw fence.. will need to buy the Kreg.. addtional $100+.. I've did some research on the Delta fence at near same price.. and many of the posts on the I'net said Delta's fence was less than optimum. HF sells an inexpensive fence, but will not fit the Delta.. probably will fit their saw.

Trapshooter

I have my eye on a Rikon 18", 12" resaw height, on sale at Woodcraft for $999.00. They also have a new 14" Rikon that has a resaw height of 13" for just under $800.00. Can't afford either one yet.
http://www.rikontools.com

Also check out Rikon's new lathe http://www.rikontools.com/Products/Lathes/70-500.htm

darbytee

I'm a Rikon convert. I got the 18" about two years ago and I wouldn't trade it for anything in that price range. The 14" deluxe is currently $750 and the regular 14" is under $500.

massman

I have had the Grizzly your looking at for three months now and love it!!!!! I did a ton of research and bought it through Amazon.

Bernie

www.writingwood.com

its_virgil

I have the HF 14", riser block, timberwolf blades and I love it. Well worth the $200 (+ the riser block) I paid for it on sale and with a coupon. Siitch went bad and a new one was here in 4 days. I have no complaints. I love the saw.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by fshenkin94
<br />I have been looking at bandsaws and am debating between the delta 14", the Grizzly 14" and the HF 14". What do you experts out there think.

alamocdc

Originally posted by Trapshooter
<br />I have my eye on a Rikon 18", 12" resaw height, on sale at Woodcraft for $999.00. They also have a new 14" Rikon that has a resaw height of 13" for just under $800.00. Can't afford either one yet.

If I was going to spend over $500 for a bandsaw, it would be the Fisch 16"... 12" resaw capacity. Saw one demonstrated lasat year and fell in love with it.

DocStram

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I have the HF 14", riser block, timberwolf blades and I love it. Well worth the $200 (+ the riser block) I paid for it on sale and with a coupon. Siitch went bad and a new one was here in 4 days. I have no complaints. I love the saw.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by fshenkin94
<br />I have been looking at bandsaws and am debating between the delta 14", the Grizzly 14" and the HF 14". What do you experts out there think.

I'm with Don on this one. It was originally $340 .. on sale for $289 .... plus a 20% off coupon ... and I was in business. It's made in Taiwan along with most other bandsaws. You can buy a whole lot of pen kits with the money saved.

The only drawback was the assembly. The directions were awful, but HF sent me a whole pile of great big photos to use .. made things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom