shop excitment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnccutter

Ok... I'm coming out of my shop door this morning to go an get a fresh cup of coffee. look up and see a huge column of black smoke coming from my nabors place. I run to the truck and by the time I got there this is what I found... yikes

Erik

Attachments

• Gillespie+Road+fire+in+Cottage+Grove+June+20+(1).JPG
    Gillespie+Road+fire+in+Cottage+Grove+June+20+(1).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 337
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnccutter

took about 12 minute to get to the state in the pic... no one home at the time so the fire was well under way buy the time the fire department got call. husband was 200 miles away and got a call in his long haul truck.. wife was at work too.

it really brings home how quick things can happen. fire is at the top of my worries living out in the country like I do.

Erik

toyotaman

I hate to see fires like that. When my shop burnt a few years ago it took alot of memories with it. I hate to see anyones shop burn but I hope something good comes out of it. "A NEW shop maybe? I just hope he has good Insurance.

sbell111

I hate to see fires like that. When my shop burnt a few years ago it took alot of memories with it. I hate to see anyones shop burn but I hope something good comes out of it. "A NEW shop maybe? I just hope he has good Insurance.

I think that you must have misread the OP. Erik was coming out of his shop when he discovered the fire next door. From the pic, it appears that the neighbor lost both his garage and house.

Haynie

And this is why I have insurance. I've seen this happen too many times to good people who were not insured/coudn't afford insurance.

Glad everyone is alright, because when it comes down to it that is all that really matters.

jd99

Man that sucks, like said above glad everyone is OK, and hope the insurance covers the stuff they can replace.

Hey Erik.
I think I been in you neck of the woods before, my brother lives in Okland, OR down the 5 a little ways. We were just up there last year looking a few places in Cottage Grove that were for sale.

The Wife and I hope to retire up there someplace, in the next couple of years.

Kind of reminds me I have a couple of these, I think after seeing that picture I need to get them mounted on the celing.

Attachments

• fire ext.PNG
    fire ext.PNG
    100.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Top Bottom