Loose clip on bullet pen...Help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALA

The rifle clip is loose on one of the first bullet (twist kit) pens that I made. I have knocked it out with a transfer punch but the brass tube came out with it. :cool: My question is can any one tell me how to get the cap (which holds the clip in) out of the brass tube with out tearing it up? It seems too small to get a grip on it to knock it out with a punch. Also, if I have to replace this tube what do I look for in getting a replacement? I've sold a few of these and sure don't want them coming back with this problem!

Has any one had this problem with this kit? I gave this one to my grand son and he uses it at school so it probably has went through a lot
of use! :eek:
Any help is appreciated :biggrin:
Alfred

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

Take a 1x1 piece of wood 2-3" long. Drill a hole just a little smaller size than the tube. Now cut the wood length wise so the hole is cut in two. Your hole should look like this on each half...C
Now secure the tube in the hole and put this in your vise. Tighten the vise just enough to secure the tube while you punch out the clip.

If this works, reinstall the tube into the blank and use a little CA to secure the clip.

I think your original problem was that the clip did not get pressed in hard enough.

Good luck!

ALA

Take a 1x1 piece of wood 2-3" long. Drill a hole just a little smaller size than the tube. Now cut the wood length wise so the hole is cut in two. Your hole should look like this on each half...C
Now secure the tube in the hole and put this in your vise. Tighten the vise just enough to secure the tube while you punch out the clip.

If this works, reinstall the tube into the blank and use a little CA to secure the clip.

I think your original problem was that the clip did not get pressed in hard enough.

Good luck!

Worked like a charm! Thanks! I expected the clip ring to be broken but it wasn't. I'll be putting a little glue under them to begin with in the future:wink:

Top Bottom