Shiraz vine and wedding set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justin_F

Justin_F

Hi guys, don't usually show my pens off but I'm a bit proud of these! My first shot at a Roman Harvest wedding set in Acrylic and a Cigar made from 40 year old Shiraz Vine from McLaren vale, South Australia (for you wine officianados).
Please let me know what you think.
Jus

Attachments

• Harvest_wedding_1 (Large).jpg
    Harvest_wedding_1 (Large).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Harvest_detail (Large).jpg
    Harvest_detail (Large).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Shiraz_1 (Large).jpg
    Shiraz_1 (Large).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Shiraz_1_cap_detail (Large).jpg
    Shiraz_1_cap_detail (Large).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

Thumbs up on all three. The total package for the wedding pens appeals to me a lot. Very nice.

Rick_G

3 nice looking pens. The Roman Harvest is a great choice for the wedding set. I've made pens with grape vine before but never got a piece that nice. 3 to be proud of for sure.

robutacion

OK, I have to be careful with what I'm saying here, this is a rather new situation for me, not being able to speak freely but, rules are rules and we all shall obey by...!:rolleyes::)

Great work on those pens Justin, the set is quite impressive and the Shiraz red Vine Cigar pen, was very well made and put together...!

I particularly like the way you resolved the natural flaw you found in that blank, something that is not uncommon in Vine material/wood. Preferences also are normally for the darker tones (dead wood) or the 2 tone (dead and fresh/green woods), however, I remember to have commented previously about the dry blanks that are mostly "green/live" wood, therefore of lighter coloration but where the growth rings or should I say the "layers" of the new wood as it forms (similar to paper bark), show up quite beautifully, and this is certainly the case of the blank you used on this Cigar pen.

Keep up the good work, mate...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom