Shipping weight slimline pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Does anyone know what the shipping weight for a slimline in a standard priority mail 6x9 box is?

I am thinking and 3 ounces, but do not have a scale.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Vick,

Not sure about the weight but I just mailed 6 Euro pens boxed individually (Monty's group buy boxes) and all 6 fit nicely in a flat rate envelope ($4.10) [;)]. Something you might want to consider if ever. [;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If you are using priority mail, up to one pound is all the same price, so just over estimate it at 8 ounces. Like Monty said, a Priority Mail envelope is $4.05 (until 2007) with no weight limitation. Again, I just overestimate it at 8 ounces.

vick

Am i missing something or for a small item like a single pen wouldn't first class mail be the way to go
First-Class Mail Rates

First ounce $0.39
Each additional ounce $0.24

First-Class Mail Rates Weight not over (ounces) Rate
1*
$0.39

even at over estimateing the weight to 6 ounces it would only be $1.59 and has the same delivery time as priority mail. Am I missing something?

Randy_

It will vary a little depending upon what type of materisl is used; but I just weighed a Dymondwood slimline and it was 0.6 ounces. If you are only mailing one or a few, first class mail is a much more economical way to go!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Mike-- I misunderstood the intent of your original post. Clearly the least expensive way to go would be to wrap the pen in bubble wrap and put it in a small box (to protect it), then mail it first class...add delivery confirmation if you are concerned about someone claiming not to have received it. The total will be less than Priority Mail.

vick

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Mike-- I misunderstood the intent of your original post. Clearly the least expensive way to go would be to wrap the pen in bubble wrap and put it in a small box (to protect it), then mail it first class...add delivery confirmation if you are concerned about someone claiming not to have received it. The total will be less than Priority Mail.
No problem Lou I appreciate the info and learned something about USPS. The fact that I mentioned the Priority mail box probably made it a little confusing.

For the record I had to ship something else today and while I was at the Post Office I brought a Jr Gent along to get an approximate weight (I do not have a slim line at work and want to print shipping label from paypal). The box, buble wrap and Jr Gent weighed in at 6.7 ounces. So for most small to medium pens 7 ounces should suffice in postage. I will probably go 8 to be extra safe and waste the extra $.24.

Pipes

Originally posted by vick
<br />Am i missing something or for a small item like a single pen wouldn't first class mail be the way to go
First-Class Mail Rates

First ounce $0.39
Each additional ounce $0.24

First-Class Mail Rates Weight not over (ounces) Rate
1*
$0.39

even at over estimateing the weight to 6 ounces it would only be $1.59 and has the same delivery time as priority mail. Am I missing something?

Ya you are IMO IT may take forever to get there first class there is NO delivery time it can and does vary from 2 days to 2 weeks NO matter what the USPS says !! I ship a LOT everyday ! I use the USPS 90% a the time and they have only lost 1 package in 8 yrs !!! It was sent first class since then we ONLY ship priority or better ! Spend the couple a bucks extra and not worry about it getting there IMHO [8D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

Randy_

I've had the PO lose priority mail on me and had a couple of packages take a week to be delivered. Even if the PO is 99.9999% perfect, with the millions of pieces of mail that they handle, there are going to be a few pieces that go astray regardless of which service you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom