Shaving brushes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vferdman

vferdman

This next one is very interesting and is made from new to me material. This is shredded US currency stabilized in clear resin. If you look closely you can definitely make up various parts of the bills in there. Give the brush the color of money :) I decided to make this a big brush. Large two band finest badger knot and Chubby 3 type handle.

Brush Dimensions (approximate):

Total height: 104mm
Handle: 52mm
Loft: 52mm
Knot: 31mm

SgXtils.jpg

HLX1GQv.jpg

hhOoQAC.jpg

O7wNXHy.jpg

Hm5rJ3B.jpg

TtoV4cw.jpg

vferdman

I have added a new brush to my Etsy store. This one is a bit smaller for a budget minded buyer. Would make a great travel brush. Resin is "Watery Abyss" and the knot is TGN two band finest.

Total height: 91mm
Handle: 46mm
Loft: 45mm
Knot: 22mm Bulb shape

FijVmjn.jpg

WWZ7taE.jpg

afbJLO5.jpg

jQs5PL3.jpg

gh66OEB.jpg

vferdman

I have created two brushes for custom orders. One in resin and one in exotic wood.

First one is a boar brush in resin. Cutstomer sent me his beloved Omega 48, which was well broken in and he loved it. I made a new handle for it from three different resins. Bottom is "Molten Metal", top is "Golden Marble" and the center ring is "Copper Pearl".

Dimensions:

Total height: 148mm
Handle: 81mm
Loft: 67mm
Knot: 28mm

jLHyoR3.jpg

ED9XYaQ.jpg

ervbLdr.jpg

J628Qje.jpg

llf55nQ.jpg

The second one is in Burmese Blackwood and TGN two band finest badger knot.

Dimensions:

Total height: 111mm
Handle: 59mm
Knot: 31mm

ipXwfR5.jpg

Pn3GvV9.jpg

06xtikA.jpg

S1jKrTW.jpg

L5qDDN7.jpg

vferdman

Another addition to my Etsy shop is this brush made with "Moonstone" ("Blue Pearl") and "Black Peacock" resins. Two band finest knot set a bit higher than usual.

Total height: 118mm
Handle: 65mm
Loft: 53mm
Knot: 26mm

fMzgjni.jpg

rMU4aSM.jpg

ryMUiis.jpg

ZA57g54.jpg

TtYJ5W1.jpg

vferdman

I have created a new brush by custom order. This one is a very large barber style two band badger brush. Bottom is "Abalone" resin, top is "Black Peacock" resin and center ring is "Moonstone" resin.

Dimensions:

Total height: 139mm
Handle: 83mm
Loft: 56mm
Knot: 33mm

1lkW8S9.jpg

mb1baZo.jpg

xzdHTQM.jpg

QomHq9E.jpg

XCDifaL.jpg

vferdman

I have recently performed some interesting grafting for a customer of mine. He had some brushes that he liked, but wanted to give them a some flair as well as convert them into barber style brushes. So he had some help cutting off the top parts of the brushes and had me make the bottom parts out of more colorful resins and glue the tops into the bottoms creating barber style brushes. This was the first project of this kind I have done and I think it came out very well. The customer is very happy.

Here are some pictures of the first brush (vintage butterscotch in best badger).

pLmBnYS.jpg

7m4jCxT.jpg

aItvVPY.jpg

e7s7zGv.jpg

A06Ll0k.jpg

Here is the second brush (modern day custom with two band badger he bought NOT from me).

5Tzt3mQ.jpg

QjpY23t.jpg

zvD4wQu.jpg

SDCZFXg.jpg

jqPRejU.jpg

vferdman

I have created a new brush for my Etsy store. It is made with some of my old stock of Dymondwood and two band finest badger knot. The Dymondwood (proper) is no longer available and this is some of the last of my stash. I still have some left, but after it's gone, it's gone. I have seen similar products on the market, but none is the same as this. This stuff is made of very precisely cut 1/16" layers that are dyed and stabilized with resin. I finished the handle with 9 coats of CA and polished to high gloss. Dymondwood is pretty well waterproof to begin with, but with my CA treatment it's completely sealed. I use CA to seal the knot opening before setting the knot.

Total height: 101mm
Handle: 53mm
Loft: 48mm
Knot: 26mm bulb shape

Here are the pictures:

ic94WyR.jpg

dkbOLVE.jpg

ILwgZZ0.jpg

YpZg7HV.jpg

r9Bd377.jpg

vferdman

I have created two new brushes. One is a custom order made with Omega Pro 48 knot and the other is for my Etsy shop and is a large, dense two band badger.

Boar custom first. I love making these boar brushes. I use one myself as one of my personal favorites. Those Omega Pro knots are some of the very best boar knots sold. The handle is made with Black olive on the bottom and Moonstone (aka Blue Pearl) on top.

Total height: 138mm
Handle: 80mm
Loft: 58mm

aXrKExx.jpg

Zwf8OtR.jpg

ZlicddC.jpg

iImMP0I.jpg

19BhI9q.jpg

Now the badger in my Etsy shop. This one is made with Black Olive and Gold Coast resins and TGN two band finest fan shaped knot. this is one of the best TGN two band finest knots I have seen and I've been buying knots from then for over 4 years. This one is dense, soft tipped and beautifully shaped.

Total height: 125mm
Handle: 73mm
Knot: 29mm

des8Eai.jpg

4XG8nep.jpg

EbTyQJL.jpg

AW51WC6.jpg

tzMUPDn.jpg

vferdman

I have made a brush by custom order. This one is made with Indian Ebony on top, Cocobolo on the bottom and the synthetic "Game Changer" knot.

Approximate dimensions:

Total height: 136mm
Handle height: 83mm
Loft: 53mm
Knot: 29mm

qTWIb9y.jpg

PoBn7n0.jpg

vylOB4f.jpg

w4jyXHK.jpg

8qS4GXi.jpg

7ygSL9f.jpg

vferdman

I have just finished working on a custom order. This one is in African Blackwood and two band badger knot. Finish is 9 coats of CA sanded and polished to a glass-like shine.

Dimesions:

Total height: 101mm
Handle height: 53mm
Loft: 48mm

R8Aqhil.jpg

PhtcIfE.jpg

guLp9CO.jpg

Ia1u6Yj.jpg

7lbjtRv.jpg

vferdman

I have just finished a new brush for my Etsy shop inventory. This one is made with Royal Jacaranda Dymondwood rod I still have from years ago before the factory burned down. It is now unobtanium and it's too bad. This is wonderful material It's 1/16" thick colored layers of wood stabilized with resin. This material looks like wood, but is really more like resin in all respects. It's waterproof, dense, practically unbreakable and very pretty. I still finish the handles with CA like I would with wood, but only to get that glass-like shine out. The knot opening is also sealed with CA (like on my wooden handles). This one is in Chubby style and has an appropriate 29mm two band knot installed.

Total height: 102mm
Handle: 52mm
Loft: 50mm
Knot: 29mm bulb shape

CYoPUWC.jpg

pOdEIPN.jpg

U8en7GV.jpg

6CkEEcA.jpg

5mgroEJ.jpg

vferdman

I decided to create some brushes from exotic woods. I really love the wood, the way it looks and feels, but for some reason they do not sell as well as resin. Be that as it may, I have decided to go for it. I've created six new brushes. Four badgers and two boars. I will post five of them now and the last in the next day or two. Hope you enjoy these. Please leave useful comments, especially pertaining to your preference of resin to wood or visa versa.

First brush is Cocobolo and Ebony combination that I really love. Knot is two band finest.

Total height: 121mm
Handle: 70mm
Loft: 51mm
Knot: 28mm bulb shape

l8wfaAL.jpg

88GXvaW.jpg

vbNm0CS.jpg

FXWCeZx.jpg

Af29tf4.jpg

vferdman

Next up is one of my favorite ways to create a boar brush. Take Omega 49 Pro, harvest the knot, remove the plastic ring and set the loft around 60mm in a beautiful handle. This time the handle is made of Katalox (bottom) and Burmese rosewood. This is a big and beautiful brush. Heavy and comfortable.

Total height: 143mm
Handle: 82mm
Loft: 61mm

UejiWpc.jpg

5oetL7F.jpg

B1s7pQa.jpg

vJaivn9.jpg

OQdRHvk.jpg

vferdman

I just completed two custom brushes.

First is in Butterscotch Pearl with two band finest badger (fan shaped knot)

Brush dimensions (approximate):

Total height: 106mm
Handle height: 58mm
Loft height: 48mm

RLJjxQm.jpg

vsurlOf.jpg

NC534OL.jpg

VzJNYOK.jpg

RYlpgB8.jpg

Second one is in Dyna Blue resin with two band finest badger knot.

Total height: 103mm
Handle height: 55mm
Loft height: 48mm
Knot: 25mm

R9h7rrr.jpg

O2BfpRz.jpg

uX5YZiA.jpg

n5d4CAd.jpg

2ILjrsN.jpg

vferdman

I have completed a new brush for custom order. This one has Faux Ivory on top and Butterscotch Pearl on the bottom. The knot is the black synthetic.

Handle height: 53mm
Loft height: 49mm
Knot: 27mm

EZuMzms.jpg

X3z3bXV.jpg

DqBcza3.jpg

jI9vzZU.jpg

IJGdcE9.jpg

vferdman

Just finished a custom brush. Ever-Ready 100 shape with a center bead. Russet Gold resin, two band finest badger knot.

Total height: 105mm
Handle: 54mm
Knot: 28mm Bulb shape

6nMgrEC.jpg

iPEUIf2.jpg

58QQRkS.jpg

jek0UUt.jpg

WjSQZ9h.jpg

vferdman

I have completed two brushes for a custom order. First one is in Bronze Pearl resin and Black synthetic "Game changer" knot.

Brush dimensions:

Total height: 131mm
Handle height: 79mm
Loft height: 52mm
Knot diameter: 27mm

YLtAQY0.jpg

TBoA8Bl.jpg

6hwVKvy.jpg

b2XGgPu.jpg

9W1u2Vy.jpg

Second one is in Copper Pearl resin and Omega 49 Pro knot.

Brush dimensions:

Total height: 138mm
Handle height: 79mm
Loft height: 59mm
Knot diameter: 27mm

gPeTtS4.jpg

97Smcl8.jpg

JUTEy0X.jpg

3xYqYD3.jpg

dZjJBwY.jpg

vferdman

I have completed a new brush for my Etsy Shop. this one is made with Russet and Gold resin handle and a two band badger knot.

Total height: 109mm
Handle: 58mm
Knot: 25mm bulb shape

2OBqmVI.jpg

90nlbDx.jpg

syhUkVa.jpg

kDmxZOc.jpg

q5JFTbQ.jpg

vferdman

I have just taken delivery of a batch of synthetic knots directly from manufacturer. These are the best synthetic knots I have ever tried. I was never a big synthetic fan until I tried one of these. Some call it "the game changer", I and a few fellow brush makers that shared in the purchase of these with me decided to call it Black Onyx Soft Synthetic or BOSS knot. It is 24mm at the puck, which makes a 25mm-26mm brush and is all black in color. The tips are incredibly soft and the most amazing thing about it is the backbone. This thing performs as well as some of the best two band badgers I have tried. It's quite unbelievable.

So, without further ado I introduce my newest batch of brushes made with this knot. I have also acquired some very nice faux tortoise shell stock and am very happy to combine that with the BOSS knot. I think they look gorgeous together in an understated way.

First brush available in my Etsy store. Faux Tortoise Shell resin and BOSS knot.

Handle height: 50mm
Loft height: 52mm

zYP7OFM.jpg

tvMsB7B.jpg

0mqEqA6.jpg

fppHbHM.jpg

7g2xtGX.jpg

Top Bottom