Shaving Brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Darley

Got 2 lovely shaving brushes from Anthony last month and have to find a nice piece of wood to go with it, so I find some burl, guess what no name on it :( cut the piece require and turn it but have to stop 4 time to sharpen my tools, lots of silicate in it, any way nice of you to have a look, Thanks

2008420114655_shaving6.jpg

2008420114730_shaving5.jpg

200842011485_shaving4.jpg

2008420114845_shaving3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, i got two from Anthony to.But haven`t found the right blank as of yet. Yours came out real good,what size blank did you start out with? It takes me so long to start out on something i haven`t done. Carl

PaulDoug

Very nice. I still use a shaving brush but not many I know do. Is that a kit or do you buy a brush from Anthomy's and just put your handle on it?

Darley

Carl I cut the blank 2' square by 5" long a little bigger than a bottle stopper blank, easy to turn, like a bottle stopper actually I fill the cracks with CA and the finish is CA too because of the moisture in the bathroom, thanks for the comments

edit: Paul it's not a kit just contact Anthony for the shaving brush, this one is #24, hope this help

ahoiberg

hey serge, looking good man. shaving brushes are a blast to do. neat shape and nice cabochon on the end. the ca is a good finish for the brushes, it's held up for me very well so far.

fernhills

Thanks Serge, i don`t have anything nice 2" sq.,i have to order some bigger blanks. I never done a bottle stopper yet.
I should do something like that first so i can practice. The Badger brushes are a little pricey to practice with. Carl

Top Bottom