Shaving Brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

This is my first shaving brush...Tulipwood with (yes, you guessed it) rose engine lathe embellishments.

REbrush_1f.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

You can send that one my way.:D I really like the center section, I think the end is a little chunky compared to the delicate look of the center but I like the piece as a whole. Nice job Ed, you continue to push the limits and create pieces that have a clear "YoYoSpin" style.

PenWorks

Great looking brush Ed. Have a question.
Does the bit cut that clean, where the sanding is held to a minimum or do you have
a bunch of Coloradoite elves sanding for you?

YoYoSpin

Anthony,

That was exactly the same question I had too...and yes, it does cut clean, using a 20,000 rpm rotary tool with two carbide cutters. After the rose engine work, all I'm doing is applying sanding sealer and buffing. Whatever sanding is needed on the piece must be done before the RE work. And you have to be a little careful using the Tripoli...if the buff is charged up too much, the stuff will get down into all the little nooks and crannies, and it's a booger to get out.

YoYoSpin

No phasing...yes, two different rosettes.

I do agree with the earlier comment about the end part of the handle looking "chunky" compared to the delicate center part. Choosing which rosette to use and all the other variables in this process is defiantly a steep learning curve. All comments and critiques are welcome.

Darley

Just the type of handle I need for the silver tip I got from Antony:D, now did you use 2 type of cutters for this I mean 1 for the handle end and 1 for the center part?

BTW good looking

Edit: I thinks you chuck the blank the same way as bottle stopper, I'm correct or not.

Top Bottom