Sharpening table saw blades.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Does anyone own or use the circular saw blade sharpener that Harbor Freight sells. Does it work well Can't find anyone in my area that still does sharpening. The local sewing center sharpens scissors but I doubt they'll tackle my blades! I'm

leehljp

Member Liaison
I don't have that tool, but I do have the HF chain saw sharpener, which does great on my chain saws. From what I have read from others, it takes some precise settings to work correctly. With the price of sharpening (and distance for me) I have been considering that sharpener.

The negative that I hear is from a few that treat the tool as if it were a strong solidly built tool. At this price, it probably is not. - BUT, careful handling, along with - be precise, be patient and be steady and it should work. I have used my chain saw sharpener much longer than what some people on other forums have said. That is because I don't rush things. I think that the circular saw sharpener is similar. That said, one can still get a lemon, and HF does seem to have a little higher percentage of lemons, if you know what I mean.

BTW, for my hand held circular saws, I usually buy a new blade but for my 10" table saw, I need to be re-sharpening those blades rather than buying new ones.

mick

Lee you're right about the way you treat tools. I've never had a HF tool fail me. While I don't baby my tools I do take good care of them. I try to buy the best I can afford but for things I'm only going to use once in a while HF is my go to.
I need to find it again but there was a YouTube about beefng the sharpener up. I think I'll watch it again and then decide about it. In the mean time I've got quite a few 10" that need sharpening.

Top Bottom