Set of candlestick holders for mother-in-law

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rjwolfe3

rjwolfe3

Hey all, I made these candlestick holders for my mother-in-law's birthday. The wood is Bocote, the kits are sterling silver. I know they don't match, but I gave up after more then enough hours trying to match them. I don't think I'm going to buy anymore of this type of kit. Hopefully someone else makes a kit that looks better. The base is too narrow.
tn_100_1910_25.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Looking at that kit now for the second time, I have come to the conclusion that the step down from the OD of the candle holder to the OD of the tenon on the base is way too big. I think you did well to get something as decent looking as you got despite the kit.

R2

I have thought about this for a while. "Why don't I Really like these?" I think it is because, IMHO,the turning and overall effect would look better if the turning was simpler. The grain of the timber is battling the turning for attention.

Woodlvr

Nice Job but I have to agree with R2. Next time turn your wood sideways.[:eek:)]:D;) Where do you purchase the kits? Keep up the great work.

rjwolfe3

The kits and the blanks came from PSI. The wood came precut so kinda hard to change grain on it but I agree with what you say. Believe it or not this pattern was way more simple then the examples that they provided lol. I may have chosen the wrong wood to use with it as well. Thanks for all the comments. It helps if I going to expand my website to include the things part.

Top Bottom