Selling Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

I need some guidance here...
I put up items for sale a while ago and got some responses from members willing to buy stuff. I sent my PayPal info, but have not heard back from a few, therefore I still have items that others have inquired about.
What is protocol about contacting those who originally missed out? SHould I just re-list the items? What should I do if the original requesters all of a sudden send their PayPal?
:question::confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

I would send the original requesters an email such as.... "Going, Going......" and give them one more chance to fulfill their purchase. State in the email that if you don't hear from them in "X" number of days, you will place it back on the market. That way, there's no one coming back with hurt feelings and causing you grief.

kludge77

The above is good advice. Remember sometimes people have things happen in their lives that were unexpected. Life happens sometimes and most folks aren't just ignoring you. I've yet to meet anyone who didn't understand I couldn't wait a week for them to response.

If they send you money, paypal has a refund button. Very easy.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I agree with the above. Give them a date to pay by, if no reply by that date - sell them again.

For those who missed out, its up to you. If you have contact info, you can contact them individually - but if its easier for you to relist, go for it. Whatever works... You don't owe anything to anyone special - unless you listed a waiting list.

navycop

I agree with the above. Give them a date to pay by, if no reply by that date - sell them again.

For those who missed out, its up to you. If you have contact info, you can contact them individually - but if its easier for you to relist, go for it. Whatever works... You don't owe anything to anyone special - unless you listed a waiting list.
+1 to this. I would contact the "first buyers" if they didn't respond in the given amount of time. I would contact the "2nd buyers" to see if they wanted it. I know it seems like a lot of work, but atleast you know you had someone interested in the item. If you re-list then you have to wait again for a buyer.

Lee K

I just want to add, that's pretty admirable of you to consider the previous interested parties, rather than just putting them back out to the general public.

:cool:

Top Bottom