School Colors - Pride?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I want to make a pen as a thank you gift for a colleague, using his school colors. He has his undergrad degree from one school and his masters from another. My question is for those with multiple degrees from different schools, where is your strongest pride? I'm leaning towards the masters, but I understand the roots from the undergrad school too. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

They both have equal but different meaning for me. I was lucky to graduate with my BA. I grew up during that time. My Master's was not luck, but seriously hard work, drive and determination for reasons bigger than myself. Giving up on my PhD was the hardest decision I have ever made.

If someone were to give me a pen with my school colors I would want both on there. The barrel would be Black and gold for the MS, the cap Blue and Red for the BA. Might be ugly to everyone else but not to me.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Based on my 5 kids who have graduate degrees from different colleges than their undergrad...the undergrad school is what they consider to be their Alma Mater. Can't speak for myself because I don't have an advanced degree.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Personally I think the pride in a school is in the undergrad degree... The masters is more a "pride in your self" type accomplishment than the school. Its much more about your papers, etc than the classes when your at the master level. There is much more sports, group stuff etc at the undergrad level, so more of the school pride would be from there for most people. All IMO, of course.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Personally I think the pride in a school is in the undergrad degree... The masters is more a "pride in your self" type accomplishment than the school. Its much more about your papers, etc than the classes when your at the master level. There is much more sports, group stuff etc at the undergrad level, so more of the school pride would be from there for most people. All IMO, of course.
Yea, I think 4 of the 5 masters in my family were earned in part-time programs of one type or another two of them could go summers because they were teachers but the other two were both working full time.

Top Bottom