Schneider 850 Quality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gabericks

Is anybody else finding that the Schneider 850 refills are really low quality? The ball is so easily scratched. Dies Anybody got any other replacement products that they recommend?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Ye olde Schmidt 5888 is popular and I like the Nekigoen myself.

TonyL

Yes. Stopped using them after my first few pens, but I understand many like them. I actually like the G2 pilot better than the 5888. However, when I sell a pen, I always place a G2 in it, but also include a 5888 because they are supposed to be better and I want don't want my customer to think I was skimping on the refill after spending a nice sum on a pen.

Gabericks

Yes. Stopped using them after my first few pens, but I understand many like them. I actually like the G2 pilot better than the 5888. However, when I sell a pen, I always place a G2 in it, but also include a 5888 because they are supposed to be better and I want don't want my customer to think I was skimping on the refill after spending a nice sum on a pen.
But are any of these suggestions compatible pins that take the Schneider? Like the tycoon?

Darios

Generally if it says 'rollerball' they are very likely interchangeable. Schnieder 850 - Schmidt 888 - Schmidt 5888 - Nekigoen - Pilot G2 all work the same.

I cribbed this link from another thread here and find it very useful. https://unsharpen.com/pen-refill-guide/

It's especially useful in regards to explaining the difference between the 'Parker Style G2' refill vs the G2 Pilot rollerball refill. One is the ISO standard nomenclature for the Parker style refills (ala G2) and the other is the brand name for the Pilot G2 pen - which uses rollerball (ISO nomencalture RB) refills.

Because there always has to be that one @#$@@#$ ing guy....

Last edited:

TonyL

But are any of these suggestions compatible pins that take the Schneider? Like the tycoon?
I have never turned a Tycoon. The G2's cost less than $2.00 for 2 at Wal-mart which is not bad if you want to give them a try. I never had one that was not compatible with the rollerballs that I turned. Good luck!

Top Bottom