Schmidt SKM-192 click problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cl1237

One of my most popular kits and my favorite to carry is the Anvil EDC which uses the SK-192 click mechanism.
I have run into a problem recently, and so have a couple of my customers, where the plunger becomes very loose or evens comes completely off the barbed part of the mechanism. I follow the instructions during assembly that say to press the plunger on to the click mechanism against a hard surface.
Does anyone have a solution to this? I was thinking of possibly gluing the plunger on the mechanism with loctite or CA

RKB

Sorry you are having an issue. I have never made an Anvil EDC or any other kit that uses this SK-192 mechanism, but after reading the instructions for the assembly of this kit it does seem to be a poor way to attach the plunger. Makes you wonder why? Hopefully you get some first hand knowledge and a solution. Take care.

wood4fun

penn state has 6 kits that use the SKM-192 clicking mechanism, the everyday EDC, Anvil, Groove, Slimline pro EDC, Saxa and Big Ben, ive made them all, and only had a problem with a groove, the plunger has plastic in it and if you press to tight it cracks, i used mercury thread lock and never had any problems after that, i think if you you thead lock or epoxy you'll be fine, i would.not use CA

TonyL

I don't know if this will fix the issue. After some use or during assembly the plunger unthreads. I simply screw it back in. I guess loctite can be used.

Top Bottom