Schmidt Cartridge Rollerball - First impression

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Dean, I've been using one on a Jr. now for about 2 1/2 weeks.... When your ready to write a review if you don't mind I'll either write my own or add to yours......

Roy,

I'd be thrilled to have the views of another on this, especially someone with more pen experience than I have. The part still has my attention for a couple of reasons, so if there is alternate views to my conclusions, I am open to discussion.

Will write what my opinon is weather we have altenate views or we agree:biggrin:

One of the observations and questions in the discussions -- Are the threads from the Schmidt branded units different from those with Private Reserve brands. The information suggests "they ain't the same". Such a difference would account for the different experiences and perspectives. So -- Dean and Roy -- Please be explicit about the unit you are using and/or measure the threading.

Ken I'm a Private reserve dealer so at this point that's the unit I'm using although I think (99% sure) it's just private labled by them from Schmidt.
I've ordered a couple of the Schmidts from Richard Greenwald
and will compare threading also just to be sure...

IPD_Mrs

George -- You did good!!!

The thread took some dips and dives, but you established a good performance review that we can all use -- regardless of our style of pen creation.

I have started to acquire some of this stuff and see where it takes me.

Headed to Az to snobird next week and attend the Desert Woodturners Roundup (I am looking forward to sitting in a couple of Don Ward Rotations).

Ken,

Your Roller Ball Cartridge systems went out today, didn't know you were taking off for AZ. Hope you have a great time in the warm weather there!!
Have fun playing around with the new gizmos :)

IPD_Mrs

Dean, I've been using one on a Jr. now for about 2 1/2 weeks.... When your ready to write a review if you don't mind I'll either write my own or add to yours......

Roy,

I'd be thrilled to have the views of another on this, especially someone with more pen experience than I have. The part still has my attention for a couple of reasons, so if there is alternate views to my conclusions, I am open to discussion.

Will write what my opinon is weather we have altenate views or we agree:biggrin:

One of the observations and questions in the discussions -- Are the threads from the Schmidt branded units different from those with Private Reserve brands. The information suggests "they ain't the same". Such a difference would account for the different experiences and perspectives. So -- Dean and Roy -- Please be explicit about the unit you are using and/or measure the threading.

Ken I'm a Private reserve dealer so at this point that's the unit I'm using although I think (99% sure) it's just private labled by them from Schmidt.
I've ordered a couple of the Schmidts from Richard Greenwald
and will compare threading also just to be sure...

Roy is quite right. The Roller units are Schmidt brand units from Private Reserve but they are not labeled to my knowledge. There shouldn't be any difference in the units whether you get them straight from Schmidt, straight from PR, through Richard or from us.

Top Bottom