Saturn from Leftover PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

When I made my initial casting I didn't mix up enough extra resin to allow for what sticks to the cup, stirring stick, gloves, :biggrin:, etc.
So when I made my second pour I made sure I had enough of the final color.... I poured it in a 3/4" pipe and an old vitamin bottle. The second one was going to be a bottle stopper but I decided at the last minute to make it into a small ring box. Thanks for looking!:)

Attachments

• IMG_4536sm.jpg
    IMG_4536sm.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_4579csm.jpg
    IMG_4579csm.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Very nice. The color you got has a lot of depth and good luster. After turning some cast blanks, and seeing what can be done, I am becoming extremely interested in doing my own casts.

Lenny

Very nice. The color you got has a lot of depth and good luster. After turning some cast blanks, and seeing what can be done, I am becoming extremely interested in doing my own casts.

I can't wait to do more myself! :wink:

I would encourage you to jump in!
It's a lot of fun!:biggrin:

lazyguy

I know this sounds weird but that box makes my mouth water. Kinda like tangerine candy or something. I am loving it

PenMan1

Good job with your casting, Lenny! Not one of my favorite colors, but your color saturation and "bling" appeal are outstanding!

I agree with the post about making my eyes water and thoughts of tangerine candy!

PenMan1

I recommend you get yourself an overpour or "spit bucket" for the left over PR resin. I have one 4 inches in diameter and 6 inches tall. When the "spit bucket" gets full of multicolored leftovers, I turn them into wine glass stems.

Spit bucket wine glasses are the envy of our neighborhood and I have orders for a wine glass from all the ladies in the neighborhood.

Lenny

I recommend you get yourself an overpour or "spit bucket" for the left over PR resin. I have one 4 inches in diameter and 6 inches tall. When the "spit bucket" gets full of multicolored leftovers, I turn them into wine glass stems.

Spit bucket wine glasses are the envy of our neighborhood and I have orders for a wine glass from all the ladies in the neighborhood.

Andy, do you turn away all that resin to make the wine stem?

I must admit I've had a wine stem project planned. (for SWMBO), for awhile now .... never found a chunk of wood big enough that I thought was suitable. :)

PenMan1

Andy, do you turn away all that resin to make the wine stem?

I must admit I've had a wine stem project planned. (for SWMBO), for awhile now .... never found a chunk of wood big enough that I thought was suitable. :)

Yes, Lenny. Right now, I am turning away all that PR. It was waste anyway. Another member here is making me a vertical wine glass mold, so I can still make spit bucket wine glasses without having to turn away so much material.

When I pick up my molds, I'll send you one if you want to duplicate it.

ToddMR

Very cool looking on both Lenny. Wow you are coming up with some great casting blanks! I really like the color on this one. Well done on the pen and the ring box, both look great!

Top Bottom