sanding systems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Laurenr

Oh sure, you have to ask me the hard questions. ;-) I have starting turning some bowls and other things larger than pens, and have looked at a couple of systems. The Sorby seems like a good choice, but I am wondering about powered systems. I seldom find a power tool I don't like, but wonder if that would be overkill.

lorbay

I turn a lot of bowls and I use the 3" and 2" sanding pads on there respective holders. I use Roll and Lock pads and holders if I need to use a more aggresive grit, say like 60 or 80 to get the pickout out. All these are mounted in a variable seed reversing drill. I have never had any luck using the Sorby Sandmaster as the piece turns the sander and with a drill you can go in the opposite direction.

Lin.

hdtran

Not very seriously---the best sanding system for the $ is sandpaper and elbow grease. (Lots of elbow grease!). Elbow grease is free (until, that is, you visit the orthopedic surgeon...)

pinelumber

sanding

heck I use 1" wide strips like for pens. You can get into all of the nooks and cranny's with it I use my finger for a backer or sand under the project as it turns it won't flip you then.

Dennis
Pine Lumber :RockOn::bananen_smilies104:

lorbay

heck I use 1" wide strips like for pens. You can get into all of the nooks and cranny's with it I use my finger for a backer or sand under the project as it turns it won't flip you then.

Dennis
Pine Lumber :RockOn::bananen_smilies104:
I would like to see you do that on a 25" bowl.

Lin.

Top Bottom