CA help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kinggabby

Sad to say I am not one who learns from reading . And video does not show me enough. Would be nice if I could find someone who could show me personally how to do either a BLO/CA or just CA finish. For some reason I think (I hope) a more hands on approach might help me more.

hdtran

There's an Oklahoma local chapter of IAP. Maybe someone local to you from there can show you?

Our local (to Albuquerque) Woodcraft store does a lot of penturning classes, including the CA finish for those who have completed the basic penturning.

For me, nothing beats being taught in person. I tried to teach myself by experimenting, but there were a couple of tricks that I picked up from a live instructor.

A couple of words of warning, though: Be sure you have eye protection and hand protection (i.e. nitrile gloves). (Especially the hand/finger protection. DAMHIKT!)

Regards,

hdtran

OKLAHOMAN

Dave, my spring shows have started but this coming weekend is one of my few non show weeks so if you want come on over to Shawnee and what little I know I'll try to show you on applying a CA finish. PM me.

Top Bottom