Router Round over bit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I have been have been getting tired of knocking off the corners on my blanks. So I mounted my small router table and mounted a 1/2" round over bit and knocked off the corners. Worked like a charm.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Glad it works for you, but seems like extra steps, set ups and time to the making of a pen. My 1 1/2 inch oval skew does a pretty good job of knocking off those corners. To each his own! Good luck and happy turning.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by rtparso
<br />I have been have been getting tired of knocking off the corners on my blanks. So I mounted my small router table and mounted a 1/2" round over bit and knocked off the corners. Worked like a charm.

JimGo

I've started sharpening my tools before I make my pens (as opposed to at the end of the day), and use my faceplate to do the sharpening (6" sanding disc stuck to it). I have hit the corners of some of the more delicate pieces (like some of the resins) on the sanding disc while it's still on the lathe.

rtparso

Yea it is another setup but I was feeling guilty haveing that nice router sitting there since I started turning[:D] I have a little Grizzly lathe and it doesn't have the power to get agresive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom