Rookie from Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fat Boy

Hey guys my name is Chris, i am 28, and live in Pasco County Florida. Pretty new to turning pens but i have a backround as a metalworker/welder so i am handy with tools. I have made about 12 pens and i am hooked, but as a new daddy i do not get to spend as much time in the work shop as i like. My other hobby is restoring old muscle cars (the pen hobby is much cheaper). Other than that, i will try to post some pics on here of the few pens i make and welcome any suggestions how to improve. Oh i just got a new (to me) lathe, i restored a rockwell 46-011 mini lathe and i love it!.

Happy Turning,

Fat Boy a.k.a. Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Welcome Chris. Being from the 60-70's, I love the old muscle cars. I always wanted a Roadrunner but at least my friend bought one and I got to drive it. It had the "air grabber" on the hood. Anyway, welcome to the madness!

bitshird

Welcome from Tennessee, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site both in the members and the library, if you ever need any help there's usually some one around that can help.

PenMan1

Welcome, Chris!

I hope to see some pens made from bent push rods, carb parts, and stainless braided hose. A "muscle car" shop should have some really cool stuff laying around that can be "pen worthy"

You will like this forum! Greatest people on earth!

Fat Boy

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys, glad to see that i am not the only person in the tampa bay area that turns, i was starting to think i was when i was searching for clubs / forums. I have a busy weekend ahead of me with weddings and birthday parties but i will get some pics on here of the shop, my 67 Nova i built, and my pens ofcourse.

Oh and penman1, i have already casted and turned a piece of stainless steel braided fuel line into a pen, thats what got me started. but the bent push rods, have lots of them, and the wheels are turning now :)

Hope everyone is having a good friday,

Chris

Lathemaster

Welcome

Chris

You might want to join the Tri-County Woodturners - a chapter of AAW and a great bunch and always sharing with new turners. You will also find that as you turn you may want to branch out from pens - I did and throughly enjoy the whole craft of wood turning

We meet the first Weds of the month at the Lutz Community Center

Chapter Website: http://www.tricountywoodturners.org

Cheers - again welcome and make chips fly.

And congrats on being a new dad

Mike

bruce119

Hey Chris
Welcome to the forum this is a great community every one is friendly tons of information great deals and one of a kinds only found here in the classifieds. And be sure to explore the library every thing you could possibly need to know is there.

Hey I am in holiday about 10 miles down the road from you we'll have to meet up for breakfast or lunch some day say around the mall that's about half way.

Great to see some one in the neighbor hood.

Bruce

Top Bottom