Rollester Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

A couple of weeks ago I asked the IAP about a small rollerball kit with a snap on cap. This kit was suggested so I looked into it and saw that it was cheap enough I'd by a few of them. I just finished this up and so far I like the feel of it. Although I like the slimlines they are a thin pen and my big hands don't get along so well at times. The Rollester is a larger diameter barrel but not as big as the regular rollerballs and not as long. This will be my new carry pen so we'll se how well it holds up. Thanks again to those who responded to my earlier thread and questions and comments welcome.

Attachments

• 8C606E55-C35A-48A8-8DE0-078FBE261F00.jpeg
    8C606E55-C35A-48A8-8DE0-078FBE261F00.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 892CBE82-998C-418C-ADCD-D430481DE94C.jpeg
    892CBE82-998C-418C-ADCD-D430481DE94C.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 71941DCF-4787-4EFF-96F2-24FA1B2B3736.jpeg
    71941DCF-4787-4EFF-96F2-24FA1B2B3736.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks and Yes I cast the blank. I haven't tried to light one but I'd assume it might be tough. I'm not a smoker but I like the looks of the tobacco and the labels.

Dehn0045

nice looking pen. my only complaint about the rollester is that as the cap mechanism wears out the cap tends to sit kind of crooked (sometimes they are this way right out of the box). Functionally it is fine, its just kind of annoying how it looks. I tried using a punch to press the mechanism into the cap a little, but went to far and the cap wouldn't click on unless I threaded the tip out about 1/2 turn. Given the price, its probably not a big deal to just buy another kit and just replace the cap.

Kenny Durrant

Good point Sam. I guess I'll find out dinner or later. I haven't tried looking to see what or how it works. I see your in Houston. I'll be heading that way tomorrow to visit my son. He's on the southwest corner of town.

Dehn0045

I looked up the thread where I remembered this was discussed: https://www.penturners.org/threads/anyone-try-the-rollster-pen-kit.147784/

I'm not sure if anyone has really come up with a good solution. I believe the problem is due to the plastic insert not being pressed in far enough. However, there is a very small sweet spot, if it's pressed in too far then it won't snap on and there's no way to pull it back out (that I'm aware of). I just used a hammer and a center punch, but maybe an arbor press or something like that would be more controlled. I do really like the kit for my own personal use - fits in my front pocket nice and is comfortable in my hand, it's a really nice size for a rollerball. Yours looks really nice, I hope it doesn't develop the crooked cap syndrome 😉.

It's about the worst possible time of year to visit Houston, but you're close enough that you know what it's all about. The heat has been oppressive the last couple weeks. Looks like we'll have a cool front down into the low 80s middle of next week, which will hopefully be nice. We are on the SE side, towards Galveston, if it wasn't for all this COVID stuff I'd say way should meet up for a bite or a drink. Enjoy your time with your son! All of our family is up in Minnesota, we have really been missing seeing them this year, times like these really show you what is important.

Kenny Durrant

The "Virus" really has things screwed up. With out getting into that maybe when things level out we can get together and say Hi. There's a couple of others there that I'd like to meet as well. Thanks Again for the tips both the positive and negative. Take Care and stay Safe.

Top Bottom