Rockler Apron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Rocker's blue apron. Is it me. Am I that bad. I need a degree to get the apron on. I need a Utube vid to understand how it fits. I feel like I'm playing Cats Cradle.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm assuming you're talking about their denim apron? If so, that's why I had my wife make mine, perfect fit and you don't need a degree to put it on. Just make sure your arms can reach around so you can tie it behind your back. Simple loop slips over the neck and it takes me maybe 10 seconds to get it on. And it's comfortable and keeps the chips off me.

WriteON

I'm assuming you're talking about their denim apron? If so, that's why I had my wife make mine, perfect fit and you don't need a degree to put it on. Just make sure your arms can reach around so you can tie it behind your back. Simple loop slips over the neck and it takes me maybe 10 seconds to get it on. And it's comfortable and keeps the chips off me.
Yes it's denim. Who designed it should have their sewing machine confiscated.

Yes it's denim. Who designed it should have their sewing machine confiscated.

That's one of the reasons why I had my wife make mine. It's very heavy denim but not in weight (if that makes an sense). After she got the pattern cut out if was custom fit to me and I put the pockets where I wanted them. I'm pretty lucky that my wife has the talents to do stuff like this, cause I sure don't. Sorry it didn't work out for you and hopefully you can figure something out.

WriteON

That's one of the reasons why I had my wife make mine. It's very heavy denim but not in weight (if that makes an sense). After she got the pattern cut out if was custom fit to me and I put the pockets where I wanted them. I'm pretty lucky that my wife has the talents to do stuff like this, cause I sure don't. Sorry it didn't work out for you and hopefully you can figure something out.
I do have it figured out. Trash can, rags, dust cover for something.

WriteON

Update. Was trashed a while ago. Looking into a new one. Leather might be too heavy as I'll be in the garage in Florida. Search is on.

Pen_man_ship

Have a look at this one....I love it!
Plus the embroidery makes me feel like "A big shot"
I was afraid I'd need a snap at the collar but not so.
My best tip: purchase a aerosol can of "Static Guard", works great especially if turning acrylics.,,

penicillin

Rockler makes two styles of apron. Their Denim Woodturner's apron has the same strap arrangement as their Cross-back apron. The Broad Shoulder apron (with big scoop pockets that collect sawdust and chips) has a different strap arrangement. I have the Woodturner's apron and a broad shoulder apron.

I used to wear an apron with a strap over the back of my neck, and disliked it because it made my neck sore over time.

I am pleased with both of my Rockler aprons, including the Woodturner's apron with the cross-back strap design. I admit, it is the only woodturning apron I have ever had, so I have little to compare it to, but it works and works well for me.

I never had a problem with the straps or putting on that cross-back style. In case it helps, I put it on like a T-shirt - slipping my head through one opening, and the arms through the other two, then snap the clip behind my back. (Note: The broad shoulder style goes on differently.)

-> Maybe if you practice putting it on in front of a mirror a few times, putting it on in the shop would become second nature.

Top Bottom