Retracting twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawdustsmiles

Has anyone had problems with 7mm slimline twist pens retracting during writing? Would crimping the transmission slightly work? Any transmissions out there that dont slip and retract.
Thanks

magpens

I would NOT crimp anything.

I believe that the twist transmissions used in all pen kits, including the 7 mm slimlines, are designed so as to NOT retract without deliberate effort.

If the do retract by themselves, I would say there is something wrong and you should go back to the kit vendor with a polite complaint.

lorbay

Has anyone had problems with 7mm slimline twist pens retracting during writing? Would crimping the transmission slightly work? Any transmissions out there that dont slip and retract.
Thanks
Yes all the time. But it only seems to happen when I loosen the transmission. Sometimes when the come are very stiff with grease so I loosen them and that's when the problem starts.
Lin

Sawdustsmiles

I would NOT crimp anything.

I believe that the twist transmissions used in all pen kits, including the 7 mm slimlines, are designed so as to NOT retract without deliberate effort.

If the do retract by themselves, I would say there is something wrong and you should go back to the kit vendor with a polite complaint.
I totally agree. I have not crimped anything yet. I have probably made about three hundred or so of them. Hope they don't start coming back with this problem. My wife's does it. and I have heard a new customer is
having the problem. Both are full antler pens. Thanks magpens

Top Bottom