Registering a name

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

There are many IAP members that have a registered domain name for their great websites. My question is: Who offers the best value (price/service) in the marketplace today? Your suggestion or caveats are welcomed. TIA or should that be TIO (masculine:D)

-Peter-

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I went with Bluehost.com for mine. My domain name was included in the price and so was a lot of Control Panel stuff (like shopping cart) that cost extra on other sites.

Fangar

Godaddy for me too. 8.95 a year. The thing I like is their renewal system which does not let your domain fall into someone else's hands. There is a whole underworld of "Domain Brokers" that buy all sorts of domains and then auction them off. They also have good customer support and a simple to use interface for bouncing to different hosts, meta tags, url masking, code masking, etc.

Cheers,

Fangar

randyrathbun

If you have server space already where you can do all your own stuff such as DNS, I suggest domaininvestigator.com. If you have no idea what I just said with regards to DNS, then godaddy.com is top notch.

Also, be careful searching for domains. There are some funky things going on out there right now with some of the registrars - if you search for a domain it will apper taken in about 24 hours. So, best to come up with some names and then when you are ready THEN search to see if they are taken and get them right then.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1991365,00.asp

Also, think about getting the .com, .net and .org domains all at once. It will be much cheaper if you use any of the cheap guys.

Randy_

I don't have a web site yet; but registered a domain name with Yahoo Business....$15 for five years. That was a special price that I see repeated every so often. Don't know what the regular price is. While I am developing a site, Yahoo provides a nice little cover page to hold the name. This is what mine looks like:

www.thepencrafter.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom