Red, White and Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dcameraman

dcameraman

My wife mentioned that she wanted to help me make my pens . . . so I took her out to the rock pile so that she could pick one. This is one that she picked.

She is now competent with the slab saw, trim saw and grinding machines! It has been fun to see her enjoy this as much as I do!

We were both rather shocked when we opened up the slab saw and saw this beauty . . . freshly sliced open!

Thanks for looking!
Hope you enjoy!

RWB Slab.jpg RWB Blanks.jpg RWBJasper4.jpg RWBJasper1.jpg RWBJasper2.jpg RWBJasper3.jpg RWBJasper1-Crop.jpeg RWBJasper2-Crop.jpeg RWBJasper4-Crop.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hard to believe that beauty was locked inside a garden-variety rock !!!

It's also hard to imagine the amount of work that goes into transforming the "rock blank" into the "rock pen".

You have opened a whole new vista on pen making from natural materials .... I applaud your vision and ingenuity !!!!

Congratulations !!!! . Very well done !!!

I never did "dig" Hard Rock music, but this is a whole new "Rock Culture" that I have no problem appreciating !!!

dcameraman

Wow, amazing looking pen.. I have to ask though... how do you turn a rock pen blank into a pen???
Thank you!
Pretty much the same way that you do it with wood . . . I just have to use diamond tools.
Diamond slab saw for cutting the raw rock into blanks.
Diamond drill to drill a hole.
I use epoxy for the tube.
After that, I use diamond grinders and polishers to get the shape and finish.

PenPal

I find other substitute tools but secretly planned just the way you use the slab saw etc I do not have nor will follow through,I have too many lovely timbers to use up . Will always follow your stone expos,thanks for bothering as well thank your wife makes it double the benefit when she who must be disobeyed at your peril supports, backs up and shares in the glory. So well done champ.

Peter.

kruzzer

Thank you!
Pretty much the same way that you do it with wood . . . I just have to use diamond tools.
Diamond slab saw for cutting the raw rock into blanks.
Diamond drill to drill a hole.
I use epoxy for the tube.
After that, I use diamond grinders and polishers to get the shape and finish.
Josh,
thanks for the how to... but if I come home with any more tools I'll have to move out... oh well

Top Bottom