Re-Finishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BobBurt

I have finished a two piece blank, the finish is outstanding, (I thought) when I looked at it under a magnifier I notice a couple of blemishes. I am going to re-finish it.

question.....Do I just do the one barrel that has the blemishes or do I do both?????

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

under high enough magnification you can see scratches from 12,000 nicro mesh
if you cannot see it without magnification, i would say that it is perfect.
don't risk putting on a worse finish
just my .02

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Magnifying glass?? If you can't see it with your eyes, nobody else will either; unless it some goofy guy running around looking at pens with a magnifying glass.

Polishing a surface is making a pattern of progressively finer scratches on the surface until they disappear to our eyes, and we see a polished surface. Even 12,000 grit, a 2 micron abrasive particle, will leave a scratch pattern if you magnify it enough.

ZanderPommo

Magnifying glass?? If you can't see it with your eyes, nobody else will either; unless it some goofy guy running around looking at pens with a magnifying glass.

Polishing a surface is making a pattern of progressively finer scratches on the surface until they disappear to our eyes, and we see a polished surface. Even 12,000 grit, a 2 micron abrasive particle, will leave a scratch pattern if you magnify it enough.

see:biggrin:
haha i think the same as Russ Fairfield. cool!

Top Bottom