Razor question for the ladies...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timbo

Timbo

The razor kits I've seen all take the Mach 3 head. I know they're OK for shaving mens faces, but are they OK for the ladies? My wife's current razor seems to have a smaller head. I was thinking about making a few with some of the nice polymer clay tubes being sold by folks here, and giving as xmas gifts. Be nice to hear from some of the ladies on this. Thanks.

Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tim. The Venus fits just fine though the head seems to be a bit wider where it meets the hardware. Also in my taking them on and off at shows, the Venus does not want to just pop off like the mach 3. It takes a little wiggling to get it to come off. This could just be my luck. I don't know what others are experiencing.

PenMan1

Tim:
IMHO, the PSI razor makes a much better razor for women. The hardware is much slimmer, it is much lighter and with material such as mother of pearl, purple medeparalto is just more appealing to women than the huge "manly looking" Berea heads.

You may want to experiment with length and be sure to load it with the more expensive Venus blade.

After experimenting with these things, find a female friend and see what she likes and dislikes about each one.

Making "the perfect" grooming accessories for women takes a little work, but the financial reward is well worth the effort.

Last edited:

KnB Polymers

Hey Tim,
Both me and my husband have that same kit that he made razors for. He uses the Mach 3 on his and I use the Venus on mine. I have used the Mach 3 head, it works fine. The only problem for me is that I tend to rush when I shave and the Venus is the only one where I never have to worry about cutting my leg off!
But I do know some women that use the Mach 3. It's just a personal choice. We made a custom one a while back for a female and she only uses Mach 3.
Kathy

Timbo

Thanks for the feedback Kathy. My wife leaves zero time between her daily tasks, she gets a lot done but is always rushing. Sounds like the Venus might be the better choice for her also. Thanks.

toolcrazy

I noticed with the handles I get from Bear Tooth Woods, the Venus heads won't push off with the button. You have to pull them off, which could cut your hand. I need to take a look at the PSI handles.

Grizz

Banned
I wish they'd come up with something different than the Mach 3. They stink as a razor blade. Why do you think those heads went up for say and the company moved on from them?

Top Bottom