Golf Slice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

I met this guy the other day and he was telling me he likes to carve. So I said what do you like to use? and he said golf balls and base balls.:eek: This is one he had with him.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG-20110908-00026.jpg
    IMG-20110908-00026.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG-20110908-00027.jpg
    IMG-20110908-00027.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

islandturner

I met this guy the other day and he was telling me he likes to carve. So I said what do you like to use? and he said golf balls and base balls.Lin.

So that's what they have inside them. What is that stuff -- a hard rubber of some kind? When I was a kid, they had about a mile of tightly rolled rubber band inside....

lorbay

I met this guy the other day and he was telling me he likes to carve. So I said what do you like to use? and he said golf balls and base balls.Lin.

So that's what they have inside them. What is that stuff -- a hard rubber of some kind? When I was a kid, they had about a mile of tightly rolled rubber band inside....

Its some kind of composite, very hard and nothing like rubber at all.

Lin.

scroller99

almost every golf ball is a different color on the inside from white to flourescent colors only one brand is stranded on the inside. some of the centers are harder than others (must be a distance thing) but they are fun to carve!

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Chip Carved Golfball

Some years ago I passed my time of day with a carving hobby called Chip Carving.
attachment.php

Here's the innards of a golf ball carved in that style!

Attachments

• Chip Carved Golfball (Small).jpg
    Chip Carved Golfball (Small).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 258

eldee

That's really cool! Should be easy to carry your work around with you too.
We loved those rubber bands as kids. Golf balls were pretty rare for us though.

Top Bottom