Railroad Related Pen Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clieb91

Afternoon All, I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for some type of railroad related pen blanks. I saw a discussion about using old railroad ties from a few years ago, I know I do not want to go that route. Perhaps reclaimed wood from a station or railroad car remodel. I have a few friends that are very into trains and would like to come up with a few pieces of wood to make them something.

Thanks All.
CtL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

My swap to the UK for a train buff. Small guage track holds the pen.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

magpens

I have long thought that we should suggest to the inlay blank makers that they produce a few railroad themed blanks ... both classic and modern engines would do well, I would think.

Charlie_W

Hey Chris, you may need to go to Paradise.....PA. (Strasburg Railroad)
Go to the museum, ride the train and talk with the folks there. They might be able to hook you up with some rail car wood or know someone who can........and is a fun family outing as well!.......when the weather is mild!

Till you can schedule that, will this work for you? It is a paper wrap cast Sierra blank made by one of our IAP friends.
It still needs to be turned to final size.

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 412
Chris, I have some friends that are about to do some remodeling on an old depot that was moved and turned into a restaurant a few years back. I'll ask them if they're going to be removing any of the old wood from the original depot and if so, I'll find out what they're going to do with it.

Here's some more information on it.

David

Rockytime

Hey Chris, you may need to go to Paradise.....PA. (Strasburg Railroad)
Go to the museum, ride the train and talk with the folks there. They might be able to hook you up with some rail car wood or know someone who can........and is a fun family outing as well!.......when the weather is mild!

Till you can schedule that, will this work for you? It is a paper wrap cast Sierra blank made by one of our IAP friends.
It still needs to be turned to final size.

Those are great blanks. Any rail buff would love them. I sure would.

Charlie_W

This blank was made by Phil....Firewhatfire...in Alabama.
Give him a shout and see if he has some or can make one. If a particular railroad is of interest, maybe he can find a pic.

Top Bottom