Radams

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I sent this via PM, but thought it might be better discussed in here.

Tom's link to the articles available for nomination for the article contest includes two by Radams...

Radams, however, is banned, and thus a can of worms may ensue.

What's the best way to deal with this in advance. An edited list (shortlisted, would be the term of choice) - or some other method? Maybe Tom could just take the first few choices on the nomination thread, and then if Radams is nominated, he wouldn't make the cut anyway...

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

My suggestion is to run the contest as planned, then, if Radams is a finalist, apply the existing rules and don't put him in the final poll. That way nothing is stirred up unnecessarily, and we have a written guideline to follow and defend if necessary.

Is there a place that I should have looked to see that he was banned before starting the contest? I honestly looked....

Tom

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I didn't know he was banned either. I knew he was gone, but didn't know he was banned.

My original thought was to just make a short post that those two articles are ineligible for nomination. If the original rules can cover the situation, that is even better!

Phunky_2003

Personally... I dont think it will be a problem.

I'd run it as planned, and make an adjustment if necessary. I dont necessarily have an issue with RAdams, but dont see where his articles will be in the finals. His articles were basically reissues of other articles already in the library.

I wouldnt make an announcement to shed light on that issue at least until it was deemed absolutely necessary.

I didnt know he was banned either (however I think it was a good call). I am guessing others dont know either and I am not sure that is something that needs to be made public.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Please do not make any announcements regarding RAdams without checking with Jeff first. I believe it is his intent to keep bannings on IAP quiet for the most part.

Top Bottom