Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cherie

Cherie

This does not have much to do with pens, but I need to know anyway. We know of the double seam rippers in the catalogs. Well the guy that just fixed my laptop for me has something of that size, but at one end is a small phillips and the other end a small flat head screw driver. Is there anyway to make the seam ripper kits work for something like this, or is there a kit out there like it??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Maybe

This does not have much to do with pens, but I need to know anyway. We know of the double seam rippers in the catalogs. Well the guy that just fixed my laptop for me has something of that size, but at one end is a small phillips and the other end a small flat head screw driver. Is there anyway to make the seam ripper kits work for something like this, or is there a kit out there like it??
PSI has a keyring kit that has small tools on it. I don't think it would be overly difficult to make what you are talking about You can find tools with changeable screwdriver blades so you might find something you can adapt.

navycop

Attachments

• Screwdriver-Pen-5-x3-4-x1-2-_20090818706.jpg
    Screwdriver-Pen-5-x3-4-x1-2-_20090818706.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 122

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
probably

All you need is a way to match a screwdriver blade to the kit. I don't think it would be that difficult to find. You might have to glue it in or glue in some sort of holder but it shouldn't be overly difficult. If they can make them to sell with plastic you should be able to do it with wood or PR cast.

Haynie

How long were the bits the guy had. What Mike showed were just quarter inch bits attached to the plastic. These come in several sizes and can be gotten at hme depot or other hardware store. Problem is for laptop usage the bits have to be small headed and that limits the length of the bit.

Quick google search came up with this company
Drive-Loc VI Screwdriver Blades an Sets From Wiha

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
How long were the bits the guy had. What Mike showed were just quarter inch bits attached to the plastic. These come in several sizes and can be gotten at hme depot or other hardware store. Problem is for laptop usage the bits have to be small headed and that limits the length of the bit.

Quick google search came up with this company
Drive-Loc VI Screwdriver Blades an Sets From Wiha
I have them up to about 2 inches long to use in my electric drill/drivers. When installes there is about 1 1/4 inch or so extending.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They need to be really small. I might just take his and take it apart! LOL
I have had tools like that from time to time and might have some in my tool chest right now...the ones I've had had the blades were molded in - possibly one piece. I never took one apart to look. Also there are jeweler's screwdrivers with replaceable blades (both flat and phillips) - you might be able to find replacement blades for them and use them.

bensoelberg

I know that I bought a set of really small screwdrivers at the dollar store a couple of years ago. Each screwdriver is about 3-4 inches long and is mostly metal. I imagine that you could probably find something similar, cut the shaft of the screwdriver with a hack saw so that it is as long as you wanted it to be, drill an appropriate sized hole in a turned piece of wood or acrylic and epoxy the screwdriver into the hole. If you really wanted to make it fancy you could put some threads on it and turn caps. No need for a kit, plus if you find the set of screwdrivers, you're only out a buck!

Top Bottom