question on slimline kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

Arizona Silhouette offers a slimline kit for $1.55. Does anyone know if it can be turned using PSI mandrel and bushons ?
Is this the lowest priced slimline kit available and is it a quality kit ? Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Bill's kits are from Berea, I believe. I think Ryan at WoodTurningz has some for about the same price, but they are the PSI kits. The platings on the Berea kits have a slightly better reputation than the PSI kits, IIRC.

Hope this helps!

vick

I personally have not had any problem mixing bushing on the slimelines. Mandrel works fime also.

Hey Jim Slightly better![}:)]

rlh

I have used both the Slimline kits you are refering to (Berea) and those from PSI. I always use the bushings from Berea with the Berea kits and Berea's mandrel as the tubes seem to fit tighter on their mandrel. Could just be my imagination. I have noticed that Berea's tubes are slightly longer than PSI's.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by old folks
<br />
Arizona Silhouette offers a slimline kit for $1.55. Does anyone know if it can be turned using PSI mandrel and bushons ?
Is this the lowest priced slimline kit available and is it a quality kit ? Thank you

That's a very good price. I usually buy my slimlines from Bear Tooth Woods. Regular price is $1.95 but his specials bring that way down on occasion.
Frank

BogBean

I use a PSI mandrel and bushings and I turn BB"s $1.55 slimline all the time with no problem...

I haven't had any problems. I measured my mandrels and bushings and this is what I got:
PSI mandrel = 0.245"
PSI bushings = ID=0.249 -- OD=0.330
Berea 'A' mandrel = 0.246
Berea bushings = ID=0.248 -- OD=0.331
hope I read the mike right[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom