Question for Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrymiller

Fangar when you make the bottle stop and pen holders out of Acrylic how do you polish the edges. Are you routing the edges to get them smooth then polish them or what is the secret. I have some Acrylic and would like to try it.

Thanks

Terry

Fangar

Originally posted by terrymiller
<br />Fangar when you make the bottle stop and pen holders out of Acrylic how do you polish the edges. Are you routing the edges to get them smooth then polish them or what is the secret. I have some Acrylic and would like to try it.

Thanks

Terry

Terry,

I cut them out on the bandsaw, or jigsaw if there are to be any tight curves. Then just use a disc or belt sander to sand the edges smooth and the shape I want. Once you get the shape, then use some wet sand paper up to about 600 grit. 240/400/600 is plenty. Then I buff the edges on a system with some White Diamond. The ones in my photo are a bit rough as I have not had the time to finish them out. You can get the edges clear, pretty much like the flat sides.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Fangar

DWK5150

To ease the edges you can also take a propane torch and heat them up gently and it remelts them in also helps to get rid of saw marks as well. Little trick you get from the plastic guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom