Couple of Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Had a little free shop time for one. I made some new stoppers for my inventory using some foreign annd US coins. Also made some new acrylic stands for my pens and stoppers.

Thuya Burl with Quarter.

thuyaquarterstopper.jpg

Redwood Burl with Mil Sucres.

redwoodsucresstopper.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Really like the wood, those are some nice burls. Great craftsmanship to go with it, nice work. Thought about heading out to the shop after the race to make a few, but think I'll head for some wine instead [}:)]

Fangar

Thanks guys. I don't have any forstner bits that are the proper size for the quarters. Also, I have quite a few foreign coins around and they are all different diameters. I usually use a skew to cut the recess into the top when on the lathe. Really very easy.

Cheers,

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by clewless
<br />Nice stoppers, care to share the methods for making the pen and stopper stands? I thinks lots of us would appreciate it.

Joe,

Really it is quite easy too. I buy my plastic stock from tap plastic. They have a cut off bin that goes for like 2 bucks a lb or so. I will write up a little how to if you all like. Maybe this weekend.

Fangar

Fangar

The 15/16 sounds good. The issue is that most of the foreign coins that I like to use are odd sizes. The foreign coins are usually nice as they are different and not really seen to often. Also, I get a bunch of them for free as people know I like them and usually are not worth much to them.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom