PT Boat..check, now those pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenTurnerfromMaine

I haven't been turning at all lately to focus on and finally finish the RC PT Boat kit that I started in Feb 04. I just couldn't stand it anymore. The kit was lousy and required all sorts of trips to the hobby shop for new materials and fabricating "fixes" to the very poor fit of everything. Last Dumas kit I ever make.

IMG_4172.jpg

Anyhow, it is done now and my son and I can attack some ducks on the lake or something. Good news is, I can now turn pens............................

Last edited:

splinter99

Very nice..I have always wanted to do a model ship but since I discovered turning, I doubt that I ever will pull myself away long enough..Since you're in Maine, I sugest you open a Cadalic Mountain Stout and toast your accomplishment..(and if you ever have a reason to come to Pittsburgh, bring me a bottle or two)

ldb2000

Fantastic job on that one Tim . I have built a couple of smaller Runabouts and Cabin cruisers from scratch but they were display models , I've always wanted to build a RC boat . Someday maybe I will find the time .

rhahnfl

Great job!!! I built that Dumas kit more than thirty years ago and I too remember that it fit poorly and I had to do a lot of repairs as it was being built. I never put in the rigging to run it but if I had it now with the modern servos and receivers and brushless motors... oh well.

Top Bottom