Mach 3 Instruction?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgio13

bgio13

Just got my Mach 3 razor heads in today and was wondering if those that have experience turning the handles for these could share some information on the best way they found to turn these. I do have a PSI collet chuck as I read somewhere someone was going to try using this method. I haven't found too much information on this subject and was wondering if I am making this seem more difficult than it is. Thanks, Bill.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Bill ---I just turn mine between centers.
Sand the lathe point mark off after I am done.
Mine are a tad bit long-----4 1/4 inchs

Hope that helps

dogcatcher

First I drill and tap a 1/4" aluminum rod about an inch long. For the blank I drill a 1/4" hole as deep as my aluminum rod is long. I use a steel rod in a Jacobs chuck in the headstock and then use the tailstock pressure so that it spins. Turn to shape, part off the tailstock scrap end. Glue the drilled and tapped rod in place. The head screws on to the finished handle, I can change out handles when ever I want.

PenWorks

1.I chuck up my blank, turn to desire shape, sand, part off.
Then take to my drill press, use a #31 drill bit and drill hole for threaded rod.
Your center point is allready marked from the dimple on your tail stock.
Then tap a 4mmx,75 thread, these taps are readily available, not have to had custom made. epoxy rod in, make sure it is seated far enough in. Sand the parted end and buff.

2. I have also used a 7mm tube on a closed end mandrell and turned to shape, then I purchased a nylon bushing that fits the 7mm tube and rod perfectly at ACE hardware for about .30 cent and epoxy that into the 7mm tube.

3, 4, & 5 I am sure there are many other ideas out there :)

Attachments

• razor_handle_chucked.jpg
    razor_handle_chucked.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 164
  • razor_handle_done.jpg
    razor_handle_done.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 177
Top Bottom