PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

triw51

I ordered some material from PSI on 2-17 and did not receive it until 2-29. On the 22nd I called PSI because I did not get an order confirmation or shipping information. The lady at customer service put me on hold with out even asking if she could help. I gave up after holding for 15 min. (my phone tells me how long I was on the call). I placed an order with B & G Supply (penkit.biz) on the 19th of Feb. and even with me having to make a correction in the order they shipped on the 20th and I received my order on the 22nd. I wonder if PSI is so big they do not care about their customers :question:

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Some of these Jeers regarding shipping times are just getting ridiculous. Here is PSI shipping policy regarding ground shipping:

Ground Shipping

The Ground shipping selection applies the higher of our minimum ground shipping charge of $8.50 or the combined shipping charge for all items included in your order. Note that items that are greater than the $8.50 minimum are indicated in the shipping tab of the product page and are also notated in the shopping cart. The minimum charge of $8.50 will be applied for any order unless FREE shipping is specified.

We will make every effort to ship parts and accessories within 2-5 days of receiving your order. (Subject to product availability.) When ordering within the continental United States, you can expect delivery within seven to ten business days. Certain items are drop shipped from the original manufacturer and may take somewhat longer.
Your shipping time was completely within the policies you agreed to when purchasing from this vendor.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I say you won. PSI's comit is 10 business days w/ the $8 shipping, you got it in 8.
You might want to rethink your arithmetic there Chris--looks like 12 days to me.

You might need to check your calendar there Smitty--PSI's policy uses the word BUSINESS days which there are only 5 of during a week! Therefore, it could be as much as 14 calendar days and still be within their policy, assuming a holiday is not thrown in there to make it even longer! :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not

Some of these Jeers regarding shipping times are just getting ridiculous. Here is PSI shipping policy regarding ground shipping:

Ground Shipping

The Ground shipping selection applies the higher of our minimum ground shipping charge of $8.50 or the combined shipping charge for all items included in your order. Note that items that are greater than the $8.50 minimum are indicated in the shipping tab of the product page and are also notated in the shopping cart. The minimum charge of $8.50 will be applied for any order unless FREE shipping is specified.

We will make every effort to ship parts and accessories within 2-5 days of receiving your order. (Subject to product availability.) When ordering within the continental United States, you can expect delivery within seven to ten business days. Certain items are drop shipped from the original manufacturer and may take somewhat longer.
Your shipping time was completely within the policies you agreed to when purchasing from this vendor.
- 17th to the 29th is 12 days not 7 to10 the way I calculate. I'm not panning PSI myself but his service was not within their stated policy.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Ground Shipping

- 17th to the 29th is 12 days not 7 to10 the way I calculate. I'm not panning PSI myself but his service was not within their stated policy.

And again I direct you to the words BUSINESS DAY, ie, Monday-Friday. Not counting the day it was ordered, which was a Friday, it was delivered in 8 BUSINESS DAYS, well within their 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS policy.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

I say you won. PSI's comit is 10 business days w/ the $8 shipping, you got it in 8.
You might want to rethink your arithmetic there Chris--looks like 12 days to me.

You might need to check your calendar there Smitty--PSI's policy uses the word BUSINESS days which there are only 5 of during a week! Therefore, it could be as much as 14 calendar days and still be within their policy, assuming a holiday is not thrown in there to make it even longer! :)
You're right...but shipping should have taken place not later then the 23rd by their policy of 2-5 business days to ship, If it did than they can blame the carrier...if it didn't they're still outside their policy. btw - I've never had a problem with them that didn't get settled quickly and to my satisfaction.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Who's business week

Ground Shipping

And again I direct you to the words BUSINESS DAY, ie, Monday-Friday. Not counting the day it was ordered, which was a Friday, it was delivered in 8 BUSINESS DAYS, well within their 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS policy.
Hey if I can work 7 days a week and the post office can work 7 days a week ... so can they.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Timbo

LOL....Stating PSI's shipping policy reminds me of when VIKI said her "logic is undeniable" in the movie I,Robot. I feel like Sonny who knew that something just wasn't right about imprisoning the entire human race.

PSI did no wrong in this case...but...PSI's shipping policy just doesn't feel right when I can consistently get pen kits in under a week shipped from a nice vender who's located in Australia.

If you don't get the I,Robot reference read this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot_(film)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Smitty, you would argue with a damn fencepost. Where does this original Jeer state that they did not ship by the 23rd?? All it said was the he called on the 22nd.

This is my last post so argue all you want, I won't be here!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
PSI did no wrong in this case...but...PSI's shipping policy just doesn't feel right when I can consistently get pen kits in under a week shipped from a nice vender who's located in Australia.

This may be true but this is the Cheers and Jeers forum, not the reviews forum and this was a Jeer. A Jeer is supposed to be about something a Vendor did wrong. Following their policy is not wrong.

This forum is on shaky ground due unwarranted jeers and may just go away again because of it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm...

I did argue with a fence post once Curtis....lost too. Hit it with a 9 pound hammer and it bounced the hammer off onto my shin which is not near as hard as a fence post. Smarted for about two weeks.:tongue::tongue:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not entirely

There was a holiday in that time frame too. So the post office was closed at least one more of those days.
Yes the local post offices and sort centers were closed on Presidents Day and pickup and delivery was not made on that day, nor were they made on Sundays -- but the mail does not stop moving on Saturday afternoon and start again Monday morning - it moves all weekend as well as on most holidays. Trucks roll and Airplanes fly and some of them carry mail so reality is the post office "works" almost 24/7 365 days a year.:wink:

I ordered some material from PSI on 2-17 and did not receive it until 2-29. On the 22nd I called PSI because I did not get an order confirmation or shipping information. The lady at customer service put me on hold with out even asking if she could help. I gave up after holding for 15 min. (my phone tells me how long I was on the call). I placed an order with B & G Supply (penkit.biz) on the 19th of Feb. and even with me having to make a correction in the order they shipped on the 20th and I received my order on the 22nd. I wonder if PSI is so big they do not care about their customers :question:

While PSI's shipping policy sucks, it is there in writing, and our rules say there is no basis for a "shipping time" jeer here. I understand that. While everyone is focusing on that however, the more serious offense (about half of the OP) is being ignored. I'd be willing to bet that a properly handled CS call would have negated the OP's desire to post this jeer at all. Just sayin'.

dexter0606

This may be true but this is the Cheers and Jeers forum, not the reviews forum and this was a Jeer. A Jeer is supposed to be about something a Vendor did wrong. Following their policy is not wrong.

This forum is on shaky ground due unwarranted jeers and may just go away again because of it.

I'm sure that the "Jeers" will raise their ugly heads in the other forums, just as they used to.
Seems to be a no win situation. Complainers are born to complain

Thanks for your efforts Curtis!

Andrew_K99

I am always amazed that 12 days is a long time to get an order!

Think for a minute the process it goes through?!?

Order recevied electronically, printed in the picking department. Picked in order it was placed. Someone picks your order then someone boxes it, weighes it and then labels it. Then, it is either dropped of at, or picked up by, the courier company. Who bring it back to their warehouse, sort it based on destination, it gets brought to warehouse 2 and sorted for it's final destination. Then it's dropped off AT YOUR DOOR!

You clicked a few buttons and magic happened! We expect WAY too much these days and have little to no patience!

Sorry for my rant,
Andrew

Andrew_K99

...PSI did no wrong in this case...but...PSI's shipping policy just doesn't feel right when I can consistently get pen kits in under a week shipped from a nice vender who's located in Australia.

Small company vs. Big company, no comparisson.

All my orders from IAP 'small' vendors get shipped well under 24 hours after placing it. But their up doing this at all hours of the days as it is a 'ma & pa' operation. I've gotten notices at 11PM or after showing 'order has been shipped'. Those working at PSI go home when the buzzer goes, not when the last order is picked.

There is also the fact that PSI (or CSUSA or others) offer a thousand times the options then does our smaller IAP vendors that we love. Picking the orders probably takes time and possibly a joint effort.

AK

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Agree

While PSI's shipping policy sucks, it is there in writing, and our rules say there is no basis for a "shipping time" jeer here. I understand that. While everyone is focusing on that however, the more serious offense (about half of the OP) is being ignored. I'd be willing to bet that a properly handled CS call would have negated the OP's desire to post this jeer at all. Just sayin'.
I agree - the treatment on the phone call is NOT written in PSI's policies and therefore is cause for a jeer....I kind of missed that myself on the first reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom