Jeer PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dansills

Well, I don't even know where to start. I ordered their 4 jaw apprentice chuck along with a few other items on August 9th.

Did the website show the chuck in stock? Yes.

Was my PayPal account debited for the entire order? Yes.

Was i made aware that the chuck i ordered was out if stock? Nope .. Had my package show up from them with the other $20.00 worth of stuff I ordered but no chuck!

Do I have my chuck yet? NO!!!!!!

Does their website show the chuck currently available? Yes!

So far I am out $120 for a 4 blanks and some tubes. I'm beyond mad at this point....

PSI - I know you check these forums. I know you see the complaints and issues from your customers. Why not fix the problem? I promise ... It will help your business. But in the meantime can I please get my money back or my chuck???? I'd really rather have a refund so I can order the chuck from a company that cares if I actually get what I ordered from them .. You obviously don't.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boss302

Why wait for them to possibly run across your post here when you can get on the phone and explain your issues first hand? That's generally a better way to get a response as opposed to a blind posting.

dansills

Why wait for them to possibly run across your post here when you can get on the phone and explain your issues first hand? That's generally a better way to get a response as opposed to a blind posting.

That's a simple one, because I am not speaking to them here. It's a Cheer/Jeer forum for the members andi am purely expressing my experience as a Jeer. :bulgy-eyes:

crabcreekind

Usually they ship it to you when they have it in stock. They did this to me when they didnt have a pen blank in stock that I ordered.

dansills

Usually they ship it to you when they have it in stock. They did this to me when they didnt have a pen blank in stock that I ordered.

Well it sure would have been nice to know when I ordered it that it was out of stock. Not to mention the free float of my money they have been using for a little over two months ... Hope it was put to good use. :mad:

Boss302

"PSI - I know you check these forums. I know you see the complaints and issues from your customers. Why not fix the problem? I promise ... It will help your business. But in the meantime can I please get my money back or my chuck???? I'd really rather have a refund so I can order the chuck from a company that cares if I actually get what I ordered from them .. You obviously don't."

Sure looks like you're speaking to them here. Looks like a no brainer on this point

dansills

"PSI - I know you check these forums. I know you see the complaints and issues from your customers. Why not fix the problem? I promise ... It will help your business. But in the meantime can I please get my money back or my chuck???? I'd really rather have a refund so I can order the chuck from a company that cares if I actually get what I ordered from them .. You obviously don't."

Sure looks like you're speaking to them here. Looks like a no brainer on this point

Listen, this is a cheer or jeer thread. I am jeering for PSI, no need for any comments at all from the peanut gallery. Take my opinions for what they are worth to YOU and move on. I simply inserted a note to the vendor because I know they read forums here and want them to know where I stand - I will be looking elsewhere for my supplies. As for resolution, I immediately requested either a refund or the chuck and to this day have received neither.

There is no need for you to disagree or comment on anything ...just read it, digest the post's merit and make YOUR buying decision, I am simply using the thread for what is what designed for ... I copied the rules for the cheer/jeer section below for you:

Vendor Cheers & Jeers

The Vendor Cheers & Jeers Forum is a place to register your positive or negative experience with vendors.

If you want to review a product, head on over to the Product Testing & Review Forum.

The vendors you post about don't have to be participants at penturners.org. However, they must sell products or services related in some way to penmaking, and you must be commenting about products or services ordered within the previous 30 days.

When you cheer a vendor, make it over things the vendor has control over, such as product quality, selection, price, etc. It's not really very helpful to point out that the postal service got your package there quickly (unless you're cheering the postal service!)

Think carefully before you make a negative post about a vendor. Post your factual experiences, but don't use this forum as a means to resolve your grievance. Work with the vendor to resolve your issue, then post your experience, good or bad. Negative posts proven to be factually incorrect will be removed.

It would be most helpful if you included the following information with your post:
Name of the business including web address.
In what manner did you place your order? Over the phone? Thru a website? Email?
The nature of the items that you ordered (pen kits, lathe chuck, etc).
Provide an objective and subjective evaluation of your experience.
Will you order from this vendor again? Why or why not?
Please "Tag" your post as a Cheer, Jeer, or Review.

wiset1

Dan,

I feel your pain! I went through the same process in this very forum regarding a PSI issue. At the end of the day and a VERY long thread, I chose to work the issue and then end my business with PSI. This has been close to a year now and my business and money go to other vendors and I can honestly say that since then... I've had no PSI issues, ha ha ha. I wish you all the best! With a little searching out there on the net you'll find vendors that carry just about everything PSI does and they offer better customer service as well. For what it's worth I hope things work themselves out.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Just one bit of information/clarification for you. A vendor does NOT debit your Paypal account. YOU initiate a transfer of funds FROM your Paypal account as soon as you make the payment. A vendor has no control of when the transfer happens or how much is transferred other than the amount of the total invoice. It is not possible, as a vendor, to only debit a portion of the total or to do it at a later date.

BKelley

Sorry to hear of your woes with PSI. I don't do a lot of mail order, but on occasion have ordered from PSI. One time they sent the wrong kit, I called them and they sent the right kit-- no charge for the wrong kit. Why don't you call them on the phone and explain your problem, I feel sure they will work with you.

Ben

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Just one bit of information/clarification for you. A vendor does NOT debit your Paypal account. YOU initiate a transfer of funds FROM your Paypal account as soon as you make the payment. A vendor has no control of when the transfer happens or how much is transferred other than the amount of the total invoice. It is not possible, as a vendor, to only debit a portion of the total or to do it at a later date.

Actually, a vendor can (and ONE I know of DOES frequently) refund you a portion of the amount you authorized! This can be done if one of your items is out of stock OR if you overpay for shipping OR if you combine several orders into one shipment, the other "automatic shipping charges" can be refunded.

So, yes when the vendor realized they were out of stock, they COULD refund just that portion of the amount you paid. Some will, instead, keep the payment and ship the out of stock item when it arrives to them (usually they will absorb the freight in this circumstance, so it can be an advantage rather than a disadvantage. Of course, if you are also figuring the "present value of money" and the "interest lost by letting them keep it", the calculation becomes very "personalized")

FWIW,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom