PSI VARIABLE SPEED CONVERSION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

Happy New Year to all!!
Does anyone have any experience with the PSI conversoion motor for the Jet and Delta mini lathe?? I have a Delta Midi
Thanks for the help.
Nick
Lakewood, WA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wpenm

I've been thinking about ordering one also. I have a Jet VS and like it alot and would like to change my Delta Midi to a VS. I'll be watching this thread.

Chuck Key

The PSI web site is currently showing this conversion as selling at $99.95 plus $10.00 shipping. The New Year 2008 catalog I got in the mail the other day is showing the price of $114.95 but currently on sale at $99.95 plus $10.00 shipping. Looks like a price increase for later in the new year.

Chuckie

GoodTurns

conversion is simple enough, system works well. only issue is a delay when you turn it on, probably 1/2 a second...just long enough to think "OH S***, I broke it!" then the lathe pops on!

tomgriff45

PSI Conversion kit for Jet Midi

Does the conversion kit have a 1/2 hp or 3/4 hp motor? Does this really matter when you are basically only turning pens, every now and then a spindle.

aplpickr

I would do it again!

I converted a Fisch mini three years ago. About an hour and a half. Shaft was 14 mm which allowed use of original pulley which gives two steps. Motor pulley was Locktited which required heating pulley with a torch to loosen set screws. Be sure you pay attention to: TURNING CENTERING PEGS BEFORE YOU TEAR DOWN ORIGINAL SET-UP. Motor is strong enough to turn 8" bowls in red maple, dried, with a 1/2" bowl gouge.:)

Top Bottom